Pixie's Chronicle: A Quick Break

It's strange. I didn't realise that I had actually almost forgotten what it feels like to relax and not have to worry about anything. Well, I'm always worrying about something, but less so lately since I can use Christmas as an excuse for not doing anything. And of course the fact that I feel like I do deserve some me time.

So yeah, that's pretty much been what the majority of this week has been about: relaxing. It feels great! Unfortunately, this does mean that there will be no updates to my stories on FanFiction this week. I really do apologise about this, but I just really need some cool down time. Twelve Days of Chatmas sucked all of my writing energy out of me. That story is now complete, and I'm so happy that so many people seemed to enjoy it. But the stress of making sure I got a chapter out every single day, as well as having to come up with new ideas for every chapter has really drained me.

I think a lot of people could tell I was exhausted. I had a few people messaging me and leaving reviews, telling me to take a break. So it must have been obvious to those that know me. In the end, I realised that they were right. There was no way I could write a new chapter for Madness Within or Chat Vert with the way I was feeling. The chapters would likely be of bad quality, if I could even write them at all. Because when I was coming to the end of Twelve Days of Chatmas, my brain felt like it was broken. This is also wasn't helped by the fact that I was exhausted by a lack of sleep, which was still a problem for me at the beginning of this week.

But after I decided to take that much needed break, it suddenly felt like I could breathe again. I've been feeling the most relaxed I have done in a long time, and as a result, I've also noticed that I've been feeling less anxious and depressed. It's a really weird sensation. I feel almost like a normal human again.

Christmas Day was a lot of fun, and to those who celebrate it, I hope that you all had good days too. Mine was pretty much the usual, just hanging out with my mum, younger brother and grandma. They're pretty much the only members of my family I have anything to do with anyway. I ate so much food as well. I feel like such a pig. I now also have a lot of candy and chocolate that I need to get through. It's going to take me forever since I don't have that much of a sweet tooth and can only eat chocolate when I'm in the mood for it - which is rare. It didn't help that my mum got a lot of chocolate for Christmas that she didn't like which I had to take since I do like them. So I have two giant boxes to myself. Curse my love of hazelnuts. I'm the only person in my family who likes them, so hazelnut chocolate always gets dumped on me when people get it.

Speaking of Christmas, I received an amazing gift off LycoRogue! Twelve Days of Chatmas was partly dedicated to her as a Christmas present, and now she has also written a fanfiction dedicated to me! I really couldn't believe it. I nearly passed out when I received an email notification from AO3 telling me that I had a gift. For months now, LycoRogue has been one of my favourite fanfiction writers. So now to actually be friends with her and have work written by her dedicated to me...I just...I can't even...

"Chat Noir needs a Christmas gift for Ladybug. Marinette is a very crafty and creative person, so Chat asks her for some help in making a gift for his lady. While hesitant in aiding his attempts to woo her superhero self, Mari reluctantly agrees. Although, after a week of working side-by-side with Mari, Chat Noir's not so sure he wants to gift the scarf he's making to LB after all."

But yeah, LycoRogue is a super talented writer. I've already reviewed one of her pieces of work on my blog before, Peeping Tomcat, and you can read that review if you haven't already by clicking here. Her new story is a Christmas themed Marichat story which is super cute! So if you want to be hit with feels and explode from cuteness, then you can check out her new story, Woven Heartstrings, on FanFiction by clicking here. Alternatively, you can also read it on AO3 by clicking here. Only chapter one is currently out as of writing this blog post, but I highly recommend that you check it out. LycoRogue is incredibly talented, and her fanfictions really feel like episodes of the show, she is just that good at keeping them all in character.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, LycoRogue! You're the best!

TLOS21 was also kind enough to do me a really cute drawing for Christmas! Honestly, the height difference between us in the drawing is probably incredibly accurate, despite her saying she exaggerated it on purpose to symbolise how motherly she feels towards me. I'm just that small though. My own boyfriend is a foot taller than me and teases me a lot about my height. The weird thing is, I'm not the smallest person I know. I've had a few friends over the years who are actually smaller than me, despite how impossible it might sound.

Anyway, back to the drawing. I feel so lucky to have friends who are willing to create such beautiful things about me. I always love getting gifts off people that they have made themselves. It just feels that much more special. I used to love making gifts for people myself, but I would often keep getting them thrown back in my face, people wouldn't look after them or discard them, so I just gave up putting in the effort. That was until this year though when I decided to write Twelve Days of Chatmas. So it's super humbling and amazing to have gifts made for me as well.

TLOS21's Drawing
I think TLOS21 is super talented. I find the quote that she put on it to be incredibly inspirational as well. I know that I'm definitely going to look at it every time I feel sad. It will help me remember that I have wonderful friends, and I love the bones off all of them. Thank you, TLOS21! You're such a rare gem of person!

On top of finishing up Twelve Days of Chatmas earlier this week, I also wrote some more poetry which I have posted up on my FictionPress account. I now have two new poems on there: My Lighthouse, and Eternally Yours. If you want to check those out, then please do. My poetry isn't really all that great, but I try. Poetry is usually the only way I can express my feelings. I can't say them, but I can express them through poetry, it's really weird. To access my FictionPress account to read all of my original poetry, you can click here.

After I had sorted that out, it was time to relax. I felt super guilty about not writing new chapters, but I know that I need to take a break. I've already had a few people on FanFiction anonymously question where I am, which is frustrating, because I can't send them a message to reassure them that I'm okay, and that a new chapter will be coming out soon. Anonymous reviewing is great and all, because it allows people who don't have accounts to let writers know what they think, but at the same time, it's frustrating, because when they ask questions, you can't reply to them.

But don't worry and panic at the word 'break.' It's only for a few days. Not to mention, I'm not completely switched off, as I managed to finally to start fixing one of the main plot holes in Immortal Bond that was really bugging me. I don't know if I'm one hundred percent satisfied with how I've fixed it at the moment, but it's a start at least. Not to mention I plan on doing some further research into demons to help me with inspiration. So Immortal Bond is now almost ready to be written. I just need to add a few finishing touches and then it will be ready to go.

After this weekend, I should be refreshed enough to start writing again, so Madness Within and Chat Vert will definitely be updated next week. Chat Vert will be updated on Wednesday, and Madness Within will be updated on Friday. Those dates are pretty much set in stone as I'm going to try a new method of writing now which should be much easier for me, and hopefully allow me to get chapters for out for the days that I hope for. It will also allow me to work on Immortal Bond and other ideas in the meantime. I'll explain this in much more detail in next week's blog entry, since the next entry will be new year themed, explaining some changes I'm going to be making.

In the meantime though, I'm letting myself get some much needed rest. My insomnia seems to have finally ended, so being well rested is really helping me feel better. I'm no longer only getting about three hours of sleep every night. I'm pretty much falling asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow again, and I'm getting a nice and healthy eight hours. Though I have been having a lot of weird dreams, but luckily not the weird dreams that disturb your sleep. Oddly, a lot of my dreams lately involve Steven Universe. Probably because I'm obsessed with the new 'Diamond Days' arc that they're having at the moment. Steven Universe is probably my second favourite cartoon after Miraculous Ladybug at the moment.

Apart from watching my favourite TV shows, I've also finally found the time to sit down and play some games. I logged onto the my Steam account for the first time in forever and rediscovered the game Plague Inc: Evolved. So yeah, I kinda got addicted to wiping out all of humanity. That game is really good for when you're angry, or if you've just read the comment section of an online newspaper article and have lost your faith in humanity.

As well as killing every human on earth, I decided to continue with the theme of playing God, so I booted up some Sims 4. I'd recently re-watched a load of old YouTube videos of my favourite YouTubers playing it, so I thought I'd check that game out again. I'm one of those people that will obsessively play a game for a few days, then forget that it exists for a few months until I become addicted again. So yeah, Sims 4 is my newest addiction lately. Of course, I created a sim of my ideal unrealistic beauty standard, then tried to play the game properly until I got bored of that and inserted the cheats. Motherlode for the win! I built a house I was pretty proud of, and now my sim is the most epic bachelorette, making me feel bad about my own life. If only real life had cheat codes.

Honestly, that's all I've been pretty much doing these past few days. Although, I did manage to sneak some drawing in, though not as much as I would have liked. I just got too addicted to messing around with my sim. Oh yeah, and I got addicted to listening to conspiracy theories as well. Yeah, I'm one of those people. Though I'm not one of those people who obsessively believes every single one of them, insisting that everybody else are just brainwashed sheep. A lot of them are pretty creepy and fun to listen to. However, I won't get into my opinions on any specific ones as the last thing I want to do is upset anyone.

Once again, I don't really have that much else to talk about this week since I've been taking things easy. But I'll be getting back to work next week. I'm super excited for the new year! Nobody can't wait to see the back of 2018 more than me. It's been a horrible year! I only hope that next year will be better, but I will definitely be making sure that I make some huge improvements in my life. I'm not usually one for new year's resolutions, but this year, I definitely am. I may not be able to change what life throws at me, but I'm certainly going to try and change the way I handle it. I think 2019 is going to be a year of immense self-improvement for me.

But anyway, that's for next week. Right now, I'm just going to enjoy my chill time and prepare my mind for everything that's ahead of me. I hope that you all enjoy your new year's celebrations, and I hope that our next lap around the sun will be a better one. Happy New Year!

Pixie out.

Comments

  1. Good for you for learning to take a break. I just had one myself, taking the first week of 2019 as a "recoup from 2018". I also get obsessed with something in a very revolving door sort of way. I once had a blog about it about a decade ago. Along those lines, I charged up my 3DS for the first time in like a year. So, twinsies! ^_^

    It was so sweet of you to talk about my story, thank you for that, and you're quite welcome. The story - and your break - was well deserved after the herculean project that was the amazing TDoC. Also, TLOS21 is super talented, and I love the drawing she made you. Also well deserved, and the quote is so sweet. <3

    This comment is getting long too, so off to the next post. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, normally I feel guilty about taking one, but I knew that this time, I just had to. I could feel my body and brain screaming at me. Hahahaha, yeah, I'm finally getting back into gaming and it feels good. Twins!

      You're very welcome! I really love it! Yeah, she is really talented and I love it so much too! I'll be sure to let her know your comment on it ^_^

      Delete

Post a Comment