Pixie's Chronicle: I'm Stupid

Okay, so the new year didn't exactly get off to the start that I was hoping for. But that was totally my fault for being over-confident and getting way too overexcited. In essence, I tried to run before I could walk, and that's why writing and updating has gone no where near as planned this week. On the plus side, I have actually been writing though! It just took way more out of me than I was expecting it to, so I guess I just need to try and get used to things again. I feel super rusty and it's taking me forever to get these chapters right. I dunno, something about some parts feel forced, so I'm trying to smooth all of them out.

In terms of drama in my life, this week has been really quiet, thank goodness. Cutting people out of your life really helps! Who knew? So yeah, as cheesy as it sounds, I've been feeling a lot more positive and relaxed for the first time in years. So I suppose 2020 is off to a great start in that regard. I just wish I wasn't so stupid by trying to push myself to update ALL of my stories this week. That's a huge leap from having done no writing at all in a while. Ugh, why am I like this?


I hope that you guys aren't too mad at me over this whole thing. I have been hard at work! I promise! I'm just an idiot for thinking that getting back into the swing of things would be super easy. Writing for me is almost like a muscle. If I take a break and don't use that muscle for a long period of time, it can get stiff and requires some flexing so that it's all nice and loose again. I hope that weird analogy made sense? So yeah, that's why things are taking a bit longer than promised.

My writing time has mainly been taken over by Madness Within. That is one tough story to write sometimes, especially when you've been on a long break. I left it on a pretty difficult chapter too, so getting things to feel right has been super hard. It's a slow process, but I'm getting there. Not to mention I had to spend some time looking through my notes to refresh my memory, since Madness Within doesn't have the simplest of plots. I just can't believe that I'm still getting readers, views and reviews for that story. The last chapter alone got 70 reviews. 70?! Like... HOW?! Where did you all come from? Thank you so much for taking the time to review! You watch, I'll get 0 reviews on the next chapter now, lol. I'm forever jinxing myself.

I haven't had a PTSD nightmare in a few days now, which is a relief, but my dreams lately have still been extra weird and vivid. I don't think my dreams have ever felt so real. On the plus side, I've managed to use some of them as inspiration for Immortal Bonds. Especially last night's dream where I found myself trapped in a haunted apartment building. Where I then ended up discovering a cult. I have no idea why my subconscious brain's obsessed with cults. I feel like I'm always dreaming about that kind of stuff. Oh yeah, and then I turned into a vampire and started puking up pine trees. Don't ask. I have no idea either.

Despite not managing to update my stories, I did manage to finally upload my review of Feast, which you can read by clicking here if you haven't already. Up next is Kwamibuster, and my review of that episode should be released onto my blog tomorrow. So be sure to keep an eye out for that. Plus, you can always follow my blog or follow me on Twitter to get notifications whenever I update something.

Apart from focusing on writing this week, I've had a lot of training I've been needing to catch up on, which unfortunately has eaten into some time that I would have rather spent writing. For my job, we have to complete training updates every so often just to make sure we're not forgetting anything important, or if there's been any scientific updates in some stuff that we deal with. The problem was, the website we used to complete them has been down for maintenance for a few weeks. Yet they still kept sending us training updates. So I've now had a backlog of tests to complete. Joy of joys. Not to mention for some reason I was given extra tests to do and we have no idea why. I think the company I work for just likes to target me sometimes. They still don't even know my name. Whenever they send us some data about how we're doing, they just simply refer to me by my job title while everyone else is referred to by their names. Rude. But still, it's funny at the same time.

Work has been super busy as well, so I haven't had any time to daydream which sucks. I need my daydream time to help me with my stories! Instead I've had to deal with customers getting annoyed at me for trying to stop them from dying. No, person with diabetes, I don't recommend a protein powder that's packed with glucose sugar. No, person on blood pressure medication, you cannot take cod liver oil. Both of these people wanted to chance it, as if somehow they would be a rare exception and some sort of medical miracle. I mean, how can they be so blase about their own dangerous health conditions? So those are two people I'd nominate for Darwin awards already this year.

Is it only me that gets paranoid about that sort of thing? I work with this stuff and know most of the information, yet even I still feel the need to check with a doctor out of paranoia. I personally don't want to fall into a coma and die. So how some other people can be so casual about this sort of thing, I have no idea. Heck, I even had to check with a doctor if simply supplementing with B2 was okay with the medication that I'm taking. I knew I would likely be okay, but still, I'm not someone who's prepared to take chances like that.

Anyway, enough of me ranting. This coming week, I'm still going to be focusing on writing as much as I can. I just hope that you guys can be a little more patient with me as updates may take a couple of more days. I have a day off tomorrow where I'm hopefully going to dedicate most of the day to getting as much writing done as possible. Whether that means a story update yet, I'm not sure, I guess it all depends on how things go and how fast I can go. Like I explained earlier, I just need to keep flexing that writing muscle to get back into shape again.

I haven't forgotten about AO3 either. I'll definitely try and get back on schedule with editing and uploading chapters of Destiny's Dance. What day that will be, I'm not too sure yet, but at the moment I'll probably be sticking with Wednesday. As for Madness Within, new chapters are the priority for now, but once I feel like I'm in a better position with that story, I'll go back to editing earlier chapters and uploading them to AO3, and re-uploading them onto FanFiction.

I know I've been saying this for months, but I really need to catch up on my reading as well. I bet there's so many good fanfictions out there that I'm missing out on. I feel like it's been so long since I properly sat down and had a good binge read. I'm getting better at reading original work as I'm keep a fairly good pace at reading and collecting W.I.T.C.H comics, but sometimes you just can't beat a good fanfic.

Overall, I hope that this coming week is even more productive and that you'll finally be seeing some proper story updates from me at last! Fingers crossed!

Comments

  1. It is just as crucial to use the mind as frequently as any muscle. Your creativity can – in essence – atrophy just easily as a muscle would. So, yes, I followed your analogy, and, no, you are far from alone in that regard. (This also explains why people can get so worn out and exhausted from doing things like NaNoWriMo if they haven't “trained” to do them first. It's the equivalent of doing a marathon simply because you either enjoy jogging or always wanted to try it out)

    WOW! I think your one chapter of “Madness Within” has more reviews than nearly any of my full stories! That's amazing! Bravo to you. :)

    I'm glad that you managed to get at least some writing in. It feels amazing to do so, doesn't it? I'm a patient woman, so no worries on those delays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think a lot of people tend to forget that. Myself included. Lord knows what a writing marathon like that would do to me, and I have so much awe and respect for you for entering things like that.

      Hahaha, thank you! No clue how I did it.

      Yes! And thank you so much! Though you know me, I'm still going to worry, lol.

      Delete

Post a Comment