Pixie's Chronicle: Whoops

I know I said that this blog entry would be delayed until tomorrow, but I've now finally started to feel better and recover from the stupid, clumsy mistake that I made last night. You'd think I'd learn my lesson when it comes to medication, but I never do. I was worried that I would be too tired and loopy to write this entry (which might become obvious in this post), but I'm finally starting to return to reality. Stupid serotonin overdose. Yeah, make sure you're careful with your medicine, guys. Because this can be the result.

Honestly, that's pretty much been the theme of my week. One clumsy mistake after another. I was extra brain dead this week for some reason, and I have no idea why. I'm a bit stupid and gormless at the best of times, but it started taking itself to new heights. I've lost track of how many times I've said 'whoops' this week due to my own idiocy. How I've made it this far in life, I have no idea.


This week got off to a pretty good and productive start. I managed to get my review for Reflekdoll released on time, as well as the latest Chat Vert chapter. I was on a roll and was super proud of myself, despite accidentally messing my body up from accidentally screwing up my dosage of some other medication that I'm currently taking. Yeah, that's something I did not once, but twice this week. It got to a point where it wasn't even funny, people were genuinley yelling at me for being so stupid, which is understandable. I just can't look after myself to save my life.

But yeah, you can read my review for Reflekdoll by clicking here, as well as the latest chapter of Chat Vert by clicking here. I was pumped up for writing and managed to get a lot done, just like I had hoped. I did some more work on Immortal Bond, wrote one of my W.I.T.C.H one-shot ideas at long last, Waters Run Deep (which you can read by clicking here), and my boyfriend Jowy Avilon, and my friend TLOS21 started bombarding me with awesome new fanfic ideas. Thanks, guys. You know how backed up I am and you spring these gems on me?! Oy vey. I'm super grateful, but I have so much work to do! Gah! Too many ideas! Not enough hours in the day to write them all!

Going back to Immortal Bond, I'm hoping to have the first chapter released within the next few days, as I figured that maybe publishing it in October would be a good idea because of the spooky theme. That, and it gives me a chance to look for any small mistakes I may have missed. So yeah, make sure you keep an eye out, though I will be posting an author's note on the original story to let you guys know. And of course, you can also follow me on Twitter for story news as well, and you can find my Twitter page by clicking here.

This week I've actually started reading again! I've been addicted to reading my W.I.T.C.H comics which I have now started collecting again. I'm so happy that they decided to re-release them, as well as translate some of the later story arcs that never made it into English. I've already nearly finished the first arc, The Twelve Portals. It really got me inspired again, hence why I finally decided to write the one-shot idea that I've had in the works for a while. It was hard to write given what it involved, but I just find the former guardians so fascinating. They're a bit of an enigma, and not much information is known about them, so I thought that it would be something fun to explore.

I've also finally started reading some fanfiction again, though currently not as much as I would like to be. I'm making very slow progress with Maribug Split, and I've also started reading Moondust by IllusionaryWorld. I've been looking for a really good Luka and Marinette story for a while, and it looks like I may have finally found an amazing one. It's a little on the mature side in terms of occasional strong language, but the story is so addictive, and I highly recommend it if you need some more Marinette, Luka and Adrien love triangle in your life.

The rest of the week was mainly spent being in pain thanks to my stupid medication mistake. Work was pretty typical apart from me being in agony. I seemed to have become a running gag at work, as my manager joked that she always knows when I have arrived in for a shift, because that's when all the weirdos enter the shop. Glad to see I'm developing a reputation as a weirdo magnet. I used to joke about it a lot, but now I'm starting to think that it's something that's actually true. Wherever I go, you can garantee that I'm going to have a run-in with a strange person. We all have our weird quirks, but some people that I attract near me are downright bonkers, as you've probably seen for yourself in some of my blog entries. This is exactly why I hate going outside.

So as you can probably guess, I had to deal with some weird customers again. I had one guy come in asking for medicine. We're a medicine shop, dude, you're going to need to be a bit more specific than that. The best he could do was say that the medicine he was looking for came in a plastic bottle - something that was the case for most of our medicine. Like...what?

On top of that, I kept being attacked by wasps which is always fun. They have the whole world to fly in yet they always manage to fly in through a small crack in the door or window. You never see many other insects doing that. Bees are cool, they stay away and leave you alone, but it's like wasps know how much they scare a lot of people (myself included) so they just do it for the lols. It doesn't help that this is the time of year where they get more aggressive. That means I'm double afraid of them.

By Friday I was literally too ill and exhausted to write the next chapter of Madness Within like I had planned. So I decided to have a chill day to try and recover. I mainly spent the day watching A Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix as I felt like a bit of a nostalgia trip. I loved the books as a kid, and it was interesting to see the Netflix adaptation. It's definitely more loyal to the books than the movie was, but there are some changes that annoy me. The special effects are cheesy as hell, but I just can't stop watching it.

Anyway, yeah, a few of you people were asking about my candle wax incident, so here goes. I mean, it's pretty much what it says on the tin: I accidentally ate candle wax. Long story short, I didn't realise that my mum had left some melted candle wax in the kitchen sink. I was cooking pasta, and when I poured it into the strainer, the pasta picked up some of that wax without me realising and...you can probably guess what happened next. It turns out berry scented candles do not taste like actual berries. I was paranoid about eating my pasta afterwards, but luckily it had only affected a few of them, so not too much harm done.

Not long after that incident, I accidentally took too many anti-depressants. Yeah. I have no explanation other than me being stupid and not properly paying attention, so yeah, going from having virtually no serotonin in my brain to all of a sudden having extra was definitely a wild wide. The leaflet told me to call the emergancy number if you take too much, but I knew exactly what would happen if I did that. I would be sectioned because they'd think I was trying to kill myself. I checked the side effects of overdosing, and they didn't seem too bad or serious. I mean, it meant I got a lousy night's sleep, felt like a zombie as well as super tired, but meh, no harm done. I feel fine now. I just finally hope that I've learnt my lesson.

I'm hoping that next week will have less stupid and clumsy mistakes, and that I can be just as productive if not more so than I was this week. My review for the episode Desparada will be released tomorrow, and Chat Vert will hopefully be updated on Tuesday. Madness Within will hopefully be updated on Friday, and I'll also be spending this week working hard on Immortal Bond to get everything ready to its re-release.

Hope you guys have had a good week.

Comments

  1. Anonymous30/9/19 05:14

    Hey Pixie, do me a favor and stop calling yourself stupid. We have all made different kinds of mistakes; some worse than others and some that can be pretty dumb. They don't make you stupid, they make you human and a pretty fun one to be around for that matter. You are far from stupid with the way you articulate your thoughts and put them into words and creative stories. Don't stress so much, you are doing just fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you. I appreciate that. But when I say stuff like that, I'm usually 80% joking. I tend to use a lot of self-deprecating humour; it's just who I am. Maybe I'm not stupid, but I definitely did a stupid thing, lol. But thank you so much for your sweet comment! Really made me smile!

      Delete

Post a Comment