Pixie's Chronicle: A Wild Week

'Sup? My update days for Pixie's Chronicle seem to be slowly drifting back towards Sunday, but oh well. Normally I'm too tired after work on Friday and need Saturday to recover. And this week was certainly a week that I needed to recover from. Some of my adventures were shared on Twitter and I apologise if I spammed your feed with annoying tweets and comments. Basically I was high as a kite for most of it. It's embarrassing, and I have no idea how I'm legally classed as an adult, because I sure don't act like one.

So the main incident this week was when I accidentally took an overdose of my antidepressants. I am literally the stupiest person ever. I'm on the highest dose possible of sertriline, and I went and took double the amount that I was supposed to. At the time, I hadn't realised. I felt super weird and like I couldn't keep my eyes open. I was even dreaming about how tired I was which was trippy as hell. I was also feeling really dizzy. That's when my brain finally made the connection and realised that all of this was suspiciously close to the symptoms of an antidepressant overdose. So I checked the NHS website which confirmed my suspicions. Cue the panic. I called my mum like the little baby I am and she was like, "you idiot, don't call me, call a doctor!" 

I did that and was on hold for half an hour while I just swayed back and forth like a drunk person. I finally got through and the doctor was like "wtf, how did you manage to overdose?" I'd had an early shift at work that day so I had taken my medication as soon as I had woken up, and then when I returned home around midday, I had taken them again, forgetting that I had taken them a few hours earlier. Apparently this worked in my favour as it spread out the dose a bit so my system wasn't as overwhelmed. 

However, my doctor was worried that I had tried to commit suicide (understandable, but annoying when all you want to do is sleep). So I was grilled over that, but luckily I managed to covince him that that wasn't the case and I was just a moron. He came to the decision that I didn't need to be rushed to A&E and have my system cleaned out, as I didn't have any chest pains or heart palpitations. He just told me to get some rest, skip my next dosage and then go back to taking it normally. So yeah, it's taken me a few days to recover from all of that. It totally screwed with my sleep schedule and now people won't stop teasing me over it. I wish I wasn't such an idiot sometimes. 

Work has pretty much calmed down this week, mainly thanks to the UK being back in lockdown. I wish our government would do its job properly and give clear instructions. Panic buying has ensued again because apparently a good portion of people are selfish morons. Again with the toilet paper? Why? I don't get it? My colleague saw someone with a whole trolly full of toilet paper. Where are they keeping it all? 

To add to the weirdness this week, I also received a letter from my dentist, telling me that it was time for my very first check-up and that they were trained to deal with scared toddlers. Basically they thought I was a little kid. I've been a patient of theirs for twenty years! Surely they could see my date of birth on my medical records? Like... what?! So yeah, I'm gonna have to give them a call tomorrow and demand to know why their system thinks I'm a child. 

I have no clue what's going on with my medical records lately. My dentist thinks I'm a toddler and apparently I have two medical accounts with my GP that confuses my chemist who I often have to fight with to prove that I really have been prescribed the medication I'm requesting. That and they keep losing my medication as well. I give up. 

At the beginning of the week though, I definitely had some productive writing time. I have no clue why, but I am literally on fire with ideas. My poor phone is filled ot the brim with notes that pop into my head throughout the day. My storage is screaming at me. I hope that this muse stays with me for a while because it's been great! I managed to write around ten thousand words in one day last Tuesday! That's a new record for me. Normally I can only manage around six thousand. 

I've published a new Hellsing fic if anyone is interested, called Double Trouble, which you can read by clicking here if that's something that tickles your fancy. I've also been working hard on some other stories that I have yet to publish, writing little tester chapters to see how the idea feels when actually writing it. So far the translations from brain to keyboard have been going pretty well. I've also been spending lots of time daydreaming about Madness Unleashed as well. I'm very nearly finished uploading the remaining chapters of Madness Within onto AO3, which will then give me plenty of extra time to start work on the sequel. I'm hoping to start writing bits and pieces for it this week during my spare time, and maybe even finish the first draft of the first chapter. I want to get a least a few chapters polished and ready before I publish it so that I have a head start on its content. 

I think the snow that we've been having lately has also been helping me with my inspiration. I have no idea why snow and cold weather inspires me so much. It's like it kickstarts my brain into action. The fact that work has been so quiet also helps. It gives me more chances to daydream while doing random tasks which is always a huge help. I've also been brushing up on my horror skills thanks to a book that my brother got me for Christmas, so a massive thanks to him for the further inspiration fuel. 

Apparently I passed some of my muse onto LycoRogue who has now officially published that project that she has been hinting at for a while! Her new Miraculous fanfiction is called Perfect Doesn't Need to be Perfect, and it's basically a re-telling of my story Twelve Days of Chatmas from Ladybug's point of view which is super awesome to read! It's so accurate to what I remember imaging myself at the time of writing that it's actually quite scary. I'm starting to think that LycoRogue has some sort of mind reading power. That or she's a robot due to all of the cool stuff she gets up to and can produce. I'm onto you LycoRogue! So yeah, pretty please do read her new story by clicking here and showing her some love and support! She certainly deserves it and you will not regret reading her stuff! She has perfected the art of love-square fluff! Especially if you need a break from my angst filled stories lol sorry not sorry. 

Anyway, that's all I really have to discuss this week. I probably would have managed to get even more work done if it wasn't for that stupid overdose incident. I've definitely learnt my lesson to be more careful. That's not really something I ever want to experience ever again. I hope that you're all doing well and I'll see you again very soon!

Comments