Pixie's Chronicle: Fun Fun Fun!

Yeah, I kinda accidentally forgot to do a Pixie's Chronicle last week, didn't I? Getting back into the habit of writing again is proving to be tricky, especially when my mental health took a little bit of a dip this week. Because, y'know, it's too much to ask to have a simple week of peace and quiet. When it's not work, it's my personal life and when it's not my personal life, it's work. Sheesh. So yeah, it's been a huge mixture of highs and lows recently. I'd say I feel like I'm on a roller coaster, but I love roller coasters, so that's not really a fair comparison. Give me a roller coaster over this crap any day of the week. 

Oh yeah! The blog! I'm sure you must have noticed by now that I've made some adjustments. Yeah, I felt like it needed it, especially now that I'm a bit more experienced with the whole system. I felt like it was time for a bit of a change. I'm still tweaking a few bits here and there, but for the most part, it's finished. I hope that you guys like it and find it easier to navigate. But anyway, let's get on with talking about the past two weeks. 

 

The time off work was definitely much needed, and I had no idea just how exhausted I had become. I had hoped to get more writing done, but honestly I just found myself relaxing most of the time. Especially since I became addicted to reading The Hunger Games again. I have no idea why. I just noticed them on my bookshelf and figured I hadn't really read a proper book in a while, and for some reason, The Hunger Games is just what caught my eye since it's nearly been about ten years since I'd read the series. I'd forgotten just how amazing they were as well as how addicted to reading I can become. It never takes me long to read novels. I could easily read the whole of the first book in one day, but I did try to pace myself. 

I'll never forget the one time that I became hooked on the Harry Potter series. I think my family was close to holding an intervention because I just wouldn't put the books down for anything. I think I'd read the first three within two days. Reading doesn't help me sleep, it keeps me awake; I can never put a book down once I've started. So yeah, I've had that to keep me occupied, especially on these hot summer days we've been having where I'm too lazy to anything. I hate the heat. It makes me so unproductive. 

I think that might be another reason I didn't get as much writing done as I would have like. We had a bit of a heatwave where I live, and I do not cope well in heat. Summer is my least favourite season. I love the increased hours of daylight and seeing flowers and leaves on trees, but those are the only aspects I enjoy. I hate the heat (both dry and humid), I hate how it restricts my wardrobe, I hate sweating, I hate how it makes every man take his shirt off and try to act like some sort of badass, I hate all the drunk people, I hate how it triggers my allergies, I hate all the insects... gah! I could go on forever. I'm definitely a winter girl. So yeah, I've spent this week mostly melting into a puddle of my own juices. It wasn't pleasant. 

Before the heatwave struck, I did manage to finally finish the next chapter of Immortal Bonds, and I finally managed to publish that story onto AO3. So yeah, you can find Immortal Bonds now on AO3 by clicking here, and you can read the new chapter on FanFiction by clicking here. I'm shocked that I actually still have people interested in my work at the moment given how infrequent my updating has become. Damn real life. I miss the good old days where I could pump out three separate chapters in a week. I miss the days where I wasn't so tired all of the time. If I could write for a living, I would. But right now, I can't and I probably never will be able to. That offer of donating money to me on Patreon is looking more and more tempting. But no. I won't break the law. 

I also managed to update Madness Within on AO3, and you can read that by clicking here

During my time off, I also managed to spend some quality time with my boyfriend which was nice. I've definitely needed his straight-talking during this period of drama. I really don't know where I would be without him. I really need someone to bring me back into the real world sometimes, or I end up lost in my mind for eons. Catatonic states are not fun, believe me. 

Taming and playing with my gerbils is something else I've been spending my free time doing. They're little firecrackers. Venus keeps mistaking me for food so she keeps biting me which is lovely of her. Gerbil teeth are sharp, yo! I'm also beginning to suspect that Ceres might have some gerbil form of OCD, because she keeps doing this same thing at the same time every night where she runs back and forth on top of the habitat for no reason. It's really weird. I've tried looking it up, but I can't find anything that matches that behaviour. So at the moment, I've just chalked it up to Ceres being an oddball. 

My mental health took a dip when my family started being a pain again, so nothing too surprising there. It kind of ruined my mood for the rest of my time off, and I just couldn't be bothered to do anything other than stay in bed and play video games. I just wanted to escape without having to put any effort in if that makes sense? I did manage to get a little bit of studying done, but I've been finding learning about the skeletal and muscular systems incredibly hard and boring, so it's been a slog to get through. I must have looked crazy today when I was flapping my arms about like a chicken to try and remember the names of the movement of different joints. 

Speaking of today, I'm now back at work again. Yippee. 

It was on my first day back yesterday that I realised just how bad my social anxiety has become again during this pandemic. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but I became used to having not many people around when all of this started kicking off. Now that I'm suddenly being bombarded by groups of people again, I'm struggling to cope. I feel bad for saying this, but I could happily live under lockdown conditions forever, just obviously without the people being in danger, getting sick and dying etc. I wish that life was quieter. Everyone is so noisy and is in such a rush. Everything is just pressure, pressure and more pressure. Life has been sucked out of... well... life! We're not living lives anymore, we're just machines. We don't have time to stop and appreciate things. Sorry for the existential crisis, but it's just been something I've been thinking a lot about lately. Then that's just been making me feel even more down. 

On that note, I should probably wrap up this blog post or I could end up ranting on forever. Writing plans are a bit up in the air at the moment as things are looking a bit unsure and unstable at work. They're conducting a trial where they increase our hours to see how well we do. It's about time too. We've been working dangerously low and unfair hours. So I'm back to working almost properly full-time. That, and we have our new manager starting on Monday too. I have no clue what she's going to be like. She could cause complete chaos. She hasn't made the best impression on me so far, but I'm holding my breath and hoping for the best. My first impressions are usually wrong after all. 

So at the moment, I'm just taking things one day at a time. But I am hoping to update Madness Within on FanFiction soon. At the moment, you're probably more likely to see stuff on my blog or on AO3 since that takes the least amount of effort. I really am sorry about that. But I guess that something is better than nothing. 

I hope that you guys have been having a good week and I'll hopefully see you again soon!

Comments