Pixie's Chronicle: Creepy Stalker

It's too hot! I'm melting into a puddle of my own juices! It hasn't registered with me that it's nearly summer, especially since this year feels sorta timeless with everything that's been going on. But yeah, I've still managed to avoid the plague, though I have no idea how. I can really only put it down to pure luck. Especially since I'm literally watching my neighbours throwing a house party as I type this, even though we're still under quarantine. I'm not saying these kind of people deserve to catch it, but if they do, then they kinda brought it on themselves *facepalm*.

Anyway, I'll try not to start ranting about stuff like that in this blog entry like I've done the past few times. Especially since I now have a week off work and want to relax and rest my poor body and brain. So that means time for writing, woohoo! I'm super excited! It's gonna feel so weird, and I'm probably gonna be incredibly rusty, but I'll just be glad to finally get some chapters out! Both on FanFiction and AO3. I just hope that you guys haven't forgotten all about me!

These past two weeks have also been super hectic as you can probably already imagine. Once again, it's up to me to carry everything since everyone else is getting sick or just straight up refusing to come into work. Not that I blame them, but I can't help but feel like if I pulled a stunt like that, I'd end up getting fired for it. So yeah, work hasn't been fun. Especially since I've still been dealing with those local criminals and subsequently the police. The fun part of that was that I finally learned how to operate the CCTV. It felt wrong though. It felt like I had too much power and was super creepy.

Not to mention, in order to show me how to use it, the CCTV company hacked into our office camera without telling me, so when the guy said, "just grab the grey and black mouse to your left," I was pretty shaken. Like, did he not think it would be a good idea to tell me, or at least ask my permission? It was super creepy. He told me he was watching me so casually as well. Maybe he does this kind of thing all the time and has forgotten how weird it must seem to other people. Let's just say I'm super careful over what I do in that office now. Who knows who could be watching me. No more solo karaoke for me.

Luckily, the huge crime spree seems to thankfully be dying down now. I think I've scared most of them away, since when they see that I'm on duty, they quickly disappear and don't even attempt to come into the store. It's pretty hilarious. Especially when I made eye-contact with the one I have now named 'the weasel', and he quickly ran away.

I've only named two of them so far. There's 'the weasel', named after the fact that he actually kinda does look like a weasel, and is so obviously shifty and tries to pathetically weasel his way out of the situations I catch him in. Then there's also 'bud', the local drunk who keeps coming in and just helping himself to items on the shelves without even trying to be subtle. It's as if he's just helping himself to his own items at home. I named him 'bud' after budweiser, which you might have already guessed. It's also ironic given that he's not exactly our buddy, especially after he threatened to rob the till.

Working in a rough area is so much fun. Let's just say my town is notorious for it's weird people. In fact, there was even a TV show based on just how weird and messed up my town is. I'll give virtual pizza to any of you can guess what that TV show might be.

My problems this week haven't involved shoplifters though. They've involved a stalker. Yup. I just can't catch a break, can I? When I first met her, I didn't really think too much of her, and no alarm bells started ringing. I just thought she was one of those overly friendly, super extroverted people that had been badly effected by the lockdown and was just desperate for another human to talk to. I humoured her at first, especially since she wasn't saying or doing anything particularly out of the ordinary. Sure, she could get a little bit too personal at times, especially since I was supposed to be working, but again, I just put it down to what I had previously explained.

She kept acting like we had been best friends all our lives, and I had no idea why. It was getting to a point where I actually doubted my own memory and wondered whether I did actually go to school with this girl, or if she was one of my millions of cousins that I was failing to remember. I have a very fertile family, let's just leave it at that.

Luckily, after about half an hour of her talking and me pretending to listen, she finally left. But then she kept coming back. Fortunately, I was super busy the past few times that she came back and I couldn't talk to her, though it didn't look like it was from a lack of trying on her part. I was able to dash upstairs and hide in the warehouse or something. But a few days ago, she finally came back and caught me off guard. This was when alarm bells definitely started to blare... LOUDLY!

I was stood behind the till making some posters and chatting with my colleague. The girl then comes in, and her face lights up as soon as she sees me. Since I was busy, my colleague tried to ask her if there was anything she could do to help, but this girl totally blanked her and immediately started talking to me, and exclaiming about how excited she was to see me and all that jazz. I froze in confusion, because once again, this girl was acting like my best friend, yet I didn't even know her name.

Some customers will occassionally banter with us, and that's totally fine. We might chat with them about typical mundane things, along with the usual small talk, but this girl... she wanted to know my whole life story. She wanted to know where I went to school, where I lived, what kind of stuff I liked/didn't like. Again, possibly just being overly friendly. I just gave her vague answers since I was already feeling kinda creeped out. Not to mention I was annoyed since I'm not really one for conversation. I just like to do my job and then go home.

But that's when she started asking me for my phone number, my Facebook, my instagram, my snapchat etc.

"Errrrr no," was pretty much the only reply I could manage, since I didn't know the polite way to say, "you're being super creepy, please f*** off," especially since she was a paying customer. She seemed a little bit offended and wanted to know why, and I just spouted some random garbage about 'data protection', which was actually probably true, despite me just making that excuse up on the spot. That's my personal information, and she's not entitled to it. I'm just glad that I had forgotten to wear my name badge that day. I hate those things. I hate having to say my name over the phone too. Especially when customers actually use this knowledge and call you by name, even though you're total strangers. But I dunno, maybe that's just me. Maybe I'm just super paranoid and too 'edgy' to be on first name basis with people I don't know.

She seemed to buy that excuse, but then kept pushing for just my instagram, just in case I ever wanted to talk to her. Trying to resist that urge to bash her over the head with a broomstick, I gave her a fake instagram account, and then she finally shut up and bought something. However, she still hung around outside the shop for a while afterwards, talking to everyone who went past, showing them stuff on her phone, and I swear that I heard her talking about me when I managed to actually overhear stuff.

Needless to say, I had a word with my manager the next day, and they're putting things in place to protect me from her lol. But I am glad they're taking it seriously, even if this girl is completely innocent and has no weird intentions. Because either way, what that girl is doing is creepy and is way over the line. She could just be super overly friendly and lonely, but I don't particularly want to take that chance. I've had to deal with enough weirdos in my life without adding another one to my list. At this rate, I'm never gonna be able to leave the house. I just seem to be a magnet for these people.

I'm glad I now have a week off work, especially since she kept asking what days I typically worked. Maybe she'll try and see me again this week, only I won't be there and that'll hopefully make her give up, whatever her motive. On the plus side, I don't have to wear my name badge at work for the time being, which already makes me feel a hundred times more comfortable.

Now I can take a break from all that stress and finally focus on doing the things I love. I've already made huge progress in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. I barely recognise my own island anymore, it's been coming along that well. But most important of all, I can finally focus on some writing! I'm really hoping to be able to update all of my stories at some point this week, though to be honest, even just updating one of them will be an achievement. I just hope that there isn't too much of an obvious drop in quality. Especially with Madness Within as that is by far the most difficult story I have ever written. What started out as a simple short story idea has turned into something incredibly complex. But deciding to write a sequel has definitely helped me breathe a bit easier about it.

So yeah, be sure to keep an eye out this week. As always, I'll be sure to keep you guys updated on Twitter. Don't forget that you can also now get in touch with me via email at thetauruspixie@gmail.com if you have any questions. I'll be seeing you guys very soon!

Comments