COVID-19 UPDATE #1

Okay, so unless you've been living under a rock, you probably already know what kind of state the world is in right now. And that's exactly the reason why I have been struggling so much to update lately. So I just thought I would make this quick blog entry to explain what's going on and why I seem to have vanished off the face of the Earth. Again.


Firstly, I've mainly been really busy at work, especially since I work in the health industry. I'm having to deal with a lot of coronavirus panic, especially since the virus has now reached my area. Everyone is now just watching and waiting to see what happens, and we're expecting to go into lockdown/quarantine at any second now. Well, most of us are. There are a bunch of idiots out there that aren't taking this seriously. Though I'm a little doubtful it's something that's going to be enforced, given how little the UK government cares about the situation. But I'll save my political rantings for another time. Let's just leave it at things are escalating and no one knows what the hell is going on.

We're getting short staffed at work, so I've been having to cover a lot of people's shifts, and this week alone I had to work six days in a row, some of them nearly twelve hour shifts, so I've been just about ready to collapse from exhaustion. So yeah, all I can do is watch and wait. I'm a bit of a sitting duck at the moment. This also means I have no idea what's going on regarding me updating my stories and stuff like that. I'm not going on hiatus or anything since I am still going to try and update when I can, it's just that there might be a lot of radio silence from me. But I'm always reachable if you want to message me, whether it's on Twitter, Tumblr, FanFiction, AO3 or leaving a comment on this blog.

I'm really sorry about all of this. These are currently worrying and uncertain times. Please stay safe out there guys, especially if you fall into the group of people particularly vulnerable to the virus. Don't listen to the majority of the media and get all of your updates on the current situation from W.H.O as they are the most reliable source of information. We can only hope that the virus mutates itself out of existance soon or that a vaccine is developed. 

I'm happy to offer health advice to anyone who's unsure since I do have health and medical training, but just please be aware that I am no doctor. In fact, even doctors and scientists currently don't have all the answers. So yeah, I'm just playing it by ear while making sure I'm taking extra precautions.

Stay safe guys.

P.S. Don't be an idiot and panic buy. That just makes things worse.

Comments

  1. Anonymous15/3/20 21:00

    I sure hope you are staying safe and healthy out there Pixie. Never dreamed we would be facing a crisis like this. I really wish this virus would go away soon, or at least be better managed. I'm getting sick of hearing about this virus every second of every day but I understand there is reason to worry. I'm especially worried about my parents since they are up there in age and my dad has diabetes. I pray every night this virus doesn't get them. And I get what you mean about panic buying. I work at a grocery store and on my day off my mom and I went shopping and the shelves were empty. I had never seen my store so barren and it was so packed I could not believe it.

    What makes this even more disheartening is that Thomas Astruc said they might have to delay season 4 of Miraculous Ladybug even further because of this stupid virus.

    Somebody tell me there is a light somewhere in this deep dark tunnel because I'm struggling to see it at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay safe, and try to stay healthy, hun. :( I get the radio silence, and I appreciate you checking in to let us know that you're okay. I hope you and your loved ones make it out of this thing fine. As of right now, there has been one confirmed case about 2hrs from me, but none closer. Just to be on the safe side, though, my state government has shut down a LOT of businesses to make it "less appealing" for people to gather in public places. While I appreciate the initiative to curb idiots who aren't taking this virus seriously at all, I'm also with a lot of people who fear for these businesses and their employees. We have no guarantee that they'll be financially capable to handle these mandatory shutdowns. :'( I just wish the world governments would all get their acts together to help calm all of this panic, and also stress that people should take this seriously. Not panic, but be cautious and think things through.

    I hope things ease up for you soon. Best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending good vibes! They are about to shut my city down on Monday. Hopefully people will stop spreading this shit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment