Pixie's Chronicle: Pickled Pixie

Even though I didn't manage to update any of my stories this week like I planned, believe it or not, I have actually had a really productive week. Just nothing got published. But like I said, I have been working hard despite of a few issues I've been having this week, mainly involving my health again, because of course. My body just hates me. So more fun at the doctors for me. They really must be getting sick of me at this point - no pun intended. And more money for medication ugh.

As a result, this week feels like it's dragged on forever. I've been a tired zombie for most of it, so I'm actually surprised that I managed to get so much work done. But I guess that's a good thing as it gives me a good head start on a lot of things. And I feel like I'm rambling at this point because I don't really know what to say in this intro. I'm a little bit all over the place and out of it because they've increased the dosage on my antidepressants, so my brain currently feels like it's imploding on itself. So I guess I'll get on with this week's news.


My primary focus this week has been Immortal Bonds. I've managed to write most of the next chapter, I just need to finish it, add any finishing touches, and edit it. I'm hoping to maybe have it uploaded onto FanFiction tomorrow, but I don't know if I'm being overly ambitious there. I guess it just depends on how tired I am when I get home from work tomorrow. If not, then I'm aiming for Tuesday at the latest. I've also been working hard on my notes for that story, tidying some things up and making a few changes to make things more epic and interesting. I've got a nice playlist for that story together, and it's been a huge inspiration for me.

Speaking of playlists, I keep wondering about uploading the playlists for my stories onto my blog, so that you guys can see what music inspired the story. I don't know if you'll be interested, but music does play a big role in my writing, and I have a playlist for each of my stories. You'll probably notice a few trends in the music I use for inspiration, and also see just how random my music taste actually is. It's all over the place. I always dread people asking me about my music taste, because my answer is usually "anything but country music." I don't know why I have such an aversion to country music though. I guess it's probably because my dad used to force me to listen to it so much as a kid, and forced me to learn to play the guitar, banjo and harmonica. I just figured some playlist entries might be something different from the usual Pixie's Chronicles and episode reviews I've been posting lately, since I haven't really had chance to work on anything other than those two things.

I might just have to dedicate a day soon to working on other things in my blog. Maybe get some fan theories written as well as other Miraculous discussions and all that jazz. Forever ago, I said to a reader that I'd do an analysis of that one song that got released. Pretty sure that was months ago at this point. Ugh, I have such a backlog of ideas at the moment. It's driving me crazy.

I probably would have gotten much more work done if it wasn't for all of my health issues this week. For the past few weeks I've been having some major sleep problems. I've been struggling to get to sleep, stay asleep and I've also been having really bad nightmares. I felt like my medication wasn't really helping that much, and I wondered about maybe trying something like valerian or 5-HTP or something, so I decided to visit my doctor for some advice. I ended up walking away with a much higher dose instead of coming off them like I had originally planned. I was having an off day when I visited her, so naturally I was acting weird, and I could tell by her face and reaction that she was really concerned about me.

So I've now got myself referred to a mental health shelter/clinic. Le sigh. Just when I thought I was making some major improvements. But at least this is more long-term help rather than just a few weeks of counselling, only to be then sent on my way, regardless of whether I was feeling better or not. Gotta love the UK mental health service. I'd tried to get myself admitted into that place before, but they were full, so hopefully my doctor can make sure that I actually get into the place this time. At least it also gives me a safe place to hang out and chill out at if things are ever feeling too much. Because part of my problem is I never feel like I have anywhere safe to go to. It sucks.

Anyway, enough of that heavy, dark rubbish. While I was in the waiting room at the doctors, my ear started hurting again, so I was finally like, "hmmm, I should probably finally get that checked while I'm here." I've been having issues with my ear for a while, such as not hearing properly, ringing, pain and discomfort etc. I was wondering if I had an earwax problem or something. So I had the doctor take a look, and she stuck that weird thing (no idea what it's called) into my ear. At first she said everything looked fine until she made a noise of shock and surprise. So I then panic thinking she'd found something serious, but no, I just have an ear scaling problem. Damn, she could have had a better reaction to it. She almost gave me a heart attack.

I got prescribed some ear spray that smells like vinegar, so I've been going around, smelling like a pickled pixie for the past few days. It's embarrassing, yet nobody else says they can smell it. But I can, so either they're lying or I've been snorting the condiments at my local fish and chip place. Now there's a stereotypical British joke for you.

It also lead to another embarrassing incident just yesterday. Sometimes when I spray my ear, it makes me feel like I have water stuck in my ear, and I think most people can relate to how annoying and uncomfortable that feels. So I start hopping and dancing around, trying to get it to shift so that I could hear things properly again, but it turned out I wasn't alone like I thought I was. Luckily, the customer saw the funny side, but in those brief few seconds before I explained, I must have looked like an escaped lunatic. Which I pretty much am, but I usually do a much better job at hiding it in public.

And that wasn't the only embarrassing thing that happened to me yesterday. Those who follow me on Twitter probably already know this, but when I arrived at work yesterday, I decided to text my mum, knowing that she was heading to the store. I was craving some poppadoms, so I was hoping that she would maybe pick some up for me while she was there. Only my phone and the universe hated me yesterday, and it auto-corrected poppadoms to... condoms. 

Thanks phone.

My mum found it hilarious and now I'm never gonna be able to live it down. She even nearly bought me some as a joke. Auto-correct is both a blessing and a curse at the same time. There is no in between. My manager was also on her break when it happened, so she saw the whole thing and found it hilarious as well. She almost blew up the microwave she was that distracted by it. I have now been forever marked as 'condom girl'. Still, at least to an outsider it says I practise safe sex, which is always cool. Always be safe fellow young people... or any adult in general. This just got even weirder, I'll shut up now. But you can have that as a quick Pixie PSA.

I also had to save my neighbour who had dementia, so yeah, I've had quite the adventurous week.

I'll hopefully be working hard on all of my writing projects this week, and you should hopefully definitely be seeing some updates. I've made a start on a bunch of blog entries, as well as working on the notes for all of my stories. I'm already sleeping much better now, so that I should mean I have way more energy to get things done. So make sure to stay tuned!

Comments

  1. Our poor Pixie! I'm sorry you've been struggling with sleep for so long. I hope things even out for you soon so you can get some much deserved rest. Likewise, I couldn't imagine not having a “safe space” to retreat to. :'( I hope you do get in and you finally feel like you have somewhere you can go. Worse comes to worst, I'm always available, so our chat inboxes are always a “safe space” for you, should you need. Sending love and happy vibes your way.

    Goodness! You HAVE had an adventurous week! Haven't you? I'm exhausted just reading about it, let alone living it. Here's hoping this week runs smoother for you.

    EEEEE! “Immortal Bonds”!!!! I'm excited. :D Also, I love that you also have story-themed playlists, because I totally do the same thing. I really need to better figure out one for OatS to hopefully help me with that.... Also, I too have an eclectic taste in music, liking just about everything shy of Country, Screamer Metal, and Mumble Rap (with some exceptions within each genre). For me, the Country thing is the twang. I don't know why, but for the most part the twang is just irritating, and almost dis-ingenuous. I think the best example is Bo Burnham's song “Country Song (Pandering)”. If you haven't heard it before, I strongly encourage you to go do so. As for Mumble Rap and Screamer Metal, I generally enjoy the music, I just can't stand not being able to make out what the lyrics are. Odd, since I also enjoy foreign music I also don't understand. Maybe it's the added layer that it's supposedly in English, and therefore I SHOULD be able to understand it?????? ANYWAY, yeah, I'd love to know your playlist. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily now that I've had my dosage increased, I seem to be sleeping much better at the moment. I hope that's a trend that continued. I'm still struggling to fall asleep a little bit, but at least once I do, I stay asleep. Awww, thank you! You're such an amazing friend ^_^

      Music helps me so much when writing. It serves as the best inspiration as well as helping me concentrate when actually writing. So yeah, I really advise figuring one out for OatS! It should help so much! Lol yeah, I enjoy foreign music too. Lol, who knows. Yaaaay! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment