Pixie's Chronicle: Slow Progress

I really really really hoped that I would be able to update at least one of my fics this week, but darn, things just keep taking forever. It's not helped that I've been extra tired this week thanks to therapy, so I'm spending most of my writing time recovering from that. It's been one of those weeks where I've been feeling a bit like a zombie, and my anxiety has been on extra high alert as a result. Mental illnesses sure are great, aren't they? But I promise you guys that I am still working on things. I'm still in the process of sorting all of my stories out, going over my notes, and not to mention working on new ideas that just will not leave my brain alone.

So yeah, my week has been really slow. But it looks like I'm now finally getting my writing mojo back, and I'm more excited than ever to get back into it. I'm using you guys as fuel. That sounded weird. To put it better, your comments and words of encouragement are what's helping me push forward to try and get all of this work done. So thank you so much for being my inspiration! It's all paying off, and I hereby declare this coming week to be the week of writing!


To be honest, I don't have too much to report this week, so this entry is probably going to be a really short one. Not much exciting stuff has happened, which I'm going to take as a blessing. I've managed to finally finish my backlog of training for work, so now that that's out of the way, it should give me time to focus on other things. It felt like it took forever to finish all of that work, especially since the tests were very poorly designed, glitchy and unfair. Like, did they even test the software before they launched it? It had more typos in it than most of my fanfictions.

Work overall has been super busy again, and I miss the times where I could just stand around and daydream about my stories. I think that might even be why things have been slow on the writing front: I've had less time to daydream. Oh yeah, as well as being exhausted from therapy. My new sessions have been super intense, and words cannot describe just how much stuff like that can drain you. It's not fun. But I guess it needs to be done if I'm going to get better in the long run, because I'm really sick of my anxiety and depression sabotaging my writing, so here's hoping I can work on that so it's less likely to happen in the future.

Once again, story wise, I've mainly been working on Madness Within this week. I'm just tying up a few loose ends with the ending of the story, especially now that I'm actually going to be writing a sequel, so I can now hint at the storylines I originally scrapped because there wasn't enough room for them. The next chapter is coming on slow, but steady. In fact, it looks like it might finally be updated on Tuesday. I'm super nervous about the reception it's going to receive because of how long it's been since the last update. Am I still going to have an audience? Will the quality be good enough? Ack, so many insecurities! Especially since I'm hoping that this story will be the first one of mine to make it to 1000 reviews. I'm on course for that if current review trends continue, which is exciting, but I don't want to jinx and ruin things. I think I might actually throw myself party if I reach that milestone. That and burst into tears.

I've also been working a little bit on Immortal Bonds as well. I've been watching a bunch of horror movies and reading creepy stories to really pick up on some horror genre tips. Because while I've always enjoyed writing horror, I'm not too sure whether I'm good at it or not, so hopefully this will be a good way to make sure I capture things correctly and use the appropriate writing techniques. It's been so much fun to go back to my writing roots with this story, as horror was the genre that made me get into writing, and was the genre of my short story that I actually managed to get published. So it brings back a lot of memories when working on Immortal Bonds. I'm just glad that I don't have to restrain myself to keep it T rated this time. Because that was one thing that always paranoid me when writing the first version of the story.

Unfortunately I haven't made any progress with Chat Vert, but I'm not too worried about that, as that's more of a simple story that doesn't have the complex plot like my other stories. But I am hoping to start working on that story again this week, but for now, Madness Within and Immortal Bonds take priority since they've gone the longest without an update.

Tomorrow on my blog, I'll be releasing my review of the episode Chat Blanc. I'm just gonna leave that one there since I don't want to reveal too much and spoil my review. So yeah, keep an eye out for that one.

In other news, if you follow me on Twitter, you may have noticed my poll. While reviewing Kwamibuster, I began to wonder about the powers of the kwamis we have yet to meet. It got me thinking and predicting what their powers may be, especially since it seems to follow the trend of what that particular animal can sometimes symbolise. It looks like most people want to see me make these predictions which I'm planning on putting in a blog post for Miraculous Monday. If you haven't voiced your opinion on that yet, feel free to do so. Would it make a nice break from episode reviews? Or should I get all of my episode reviews out of the way first? Feel free to let me know which you would all prefer.

Anyway, that's all I really have to say this week. Like I said, it's been pretty slow, but I'm getting there. I guess slow progress is better than no progress at all which has been the case these past few months. I'm super excited for this coming week and I hope that you guys are all doing okay.

Comments

  1. *fingers crossed for a new madness within chapter*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping for either Tuesday or Wednesday, but it looks like that's not gonna happen now. It should definitely be out this week though!

      Delete
  2. I think I'd cry and throw a party too if I ever hit 1000 reviews! What a milestone! :D

    Also, I too started off with horror/supernatural stories. (Technically, I started with fantasy and then slice-of-life, but those were when I was 10 and don't really count.) In high school I actually got so grotesque in my writing that I had my English teacher once pull me aside to check in on me. Whoops! 0_0 I don't know if I could properly write horror now though. From your original go at Immortal Bonds, I can tell you that you are definitely more skilled at the horror genre than I.

    Sending good writing juju your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahahaha, that's so weird, because pretty much the same thing happened to me! I would write stuff so disturbing that I used to freak people out, and this was back when I was just a kid, so I have no idea where I got all that stuff from. I'm sure you'd be great at horror! You're such a skilled writer, and hey, maybe that could even be a challenge for you this year: write a horror piece.

      Thank you so much!

      Delete

Post a Comment