Pixie's Chronicle: I Got Told Off

This week has certainly been a wild one. There's been so many ups and downs that it's started to make me feel super dizzy. I'm just glad that it's over, and hopefully I can start a new week feeling more positive, self-assured and more energised. Today alone was super wild, and I'm surprised that I actually managed to bring myself to write this blog entry with how exhausted I'm feeling. So forgive me if this is another short entry that's all over the place. I'll try and be as normal and concise as I can.

The main issue this week has been my battle with my mental health - as per usual. But in other more good news, I managed to get a lot of writing and planning done this week, which was awesome! I also got told off by one of my readers which was pretty hilarious, though I feel bad saying that, especially since they're entitled to their own opinion, and I don't want to be condescending, but since they were coming across as very condescending themselves, I couldn't help but laugh. I felt like I'd just been told off by my mother or something.


So yeah, I guess I'll get that story out of the way first. I'll try and be as vague as I can since I don't want anyone going after this person, nor do I want this person - if they're reading - to feel like I'm in any way threatening them. Let's just say that this person was not happy with me for taking long gaps between story updates lately. Normally I just deal with people nagging me for updates, but this time, this person was scolding me for it, saying it was partly ruining my work, and, in essence, that I need to be more professional. Dude... I'm a 22-year-old woman with work obligations, family and friend obligations, and that's not even touching the messed up stuff I've been through lately. I do this work for free on the sidelines. Not to mention I have mental and physical health struggles. I'm not a computer. If I did do this for a living, I could maybe understand their annoyance a bit more, but I don't.

I'll let this person off, and all I can say is sorry if I've infuriated people with long waits. But if I receive any other condescending and entitled stuff like that off anyone else, I probably won't be as inclined to see the funny side. Constructive criticism is perfectly fine. But getting on your high horse because I struggle to consistently update is NOT okay. Especially knowing some of the stuff I've been through, which I always try to include in my author's notes because I respect you guys and feel like you are entitled to an explanation. In fact, I think I would much rather deal with people pestering me for an update than with this. Not gonna lie, despite it being hilarious, it also was a little bit of a slap in the face. Like it doesn't even matter that I've been in and out of hospital and that I've been in dangerous situations? Oh no, I owe this person an update because the slow updates are ruining my stories for them. You're right. I'm being completely unprofessional. I should totally be okay to write while I have needles and tubes sticking out of my arm, and having cameras and medical equipment shoved in places I'd rather not talk about. *shudders*

Okay, the more I talk about it, the angrier I'm getting and the less funny I'm finding it, so I'm gonna just shut up now. Sorry if I've come across as horrible, it just pushed my buttons much more than I realised. I don't think it helps that, as I hinted earlier, I haven't been having a good day today. Yay for depression! So yeah, maybe I took it a bit more to heart than I should have done. But still, once again, that doesn't mean I'll be okay with seeing that stuff in the future.

Speaking of updates though, I finally updated Madness Within! A few days later than I originally planned, but oh well, it's finally done! It felt like it took months to write that chapter... well, it did actually. So I guess that explains it. I actually had one reader who appeared to be worried that I'd given up on the story because they provided me with some constructive criticism and thought they'd come across as mean. To that person I say you totally didn't. I welcome constructive criticism and usually take it as a compliment, as you clearly care enough to tell me how I can improve on things. And to that, I thank you. I have taken your comments on board and I'm working on incorporating them into my work. But yeah, click here to read the new chapter if you haven't already.

In other news, I've managed to tidy up my FanFiction profile so that it now actually has links to all of my social media and other stuff relating to my work. I was shocked that I finally managed to figure out how to include links in my profile again, because for the longest time, I thought that FanFiction had banned them or something. But nope, I discovered that you could still do it completely by accident. I'm glad I did though, because I hated not having links to stuff! It drove me crazy!

You may have also noticed (if you're on the web version right now) that I've made a few changes to my blog that I was pretty impressed with. It's nothing too exciting, but it made me feel like a computer whizz, so let me have my moment dammit! Hehe. I now have little sub-heading thingys at the top of the page so that you can now more easily navigate my content. I was pretty proud of myself when I managed to do that. Man I am so sad and need a life. But it should hopefully make things easier for you guys, especially on the more overwhelming web version of this blog.

Things kinda failed regarding my review of Chat Blanc as I hadn't managed to finish and post it this week since illness and Madness Within took up so much of my time this week. But if everything goes well, that review should be up and live by tomorrow.

As for my other stories, they should hopefully be updated at some point this week as well. I'll be working on Immortal Bonds first, followed then by Chat Vert. Updates will likely then follow that same pattern. I've also been working on my upcoming ideas this week as well which has been pretty exciting. It is refreshing to work on something different for a change, and I think that's what finally helped me push through to finish the latest chapter of Madness Within.

But after all that, I'm feeling super exhausted, so I'm probably gonna go and crash out now. Sorry if this entry was a bit heavy and ranty, but it was just something I wanted to nib in the bud before anyone else decides to take that kind of attitude with me. To that, and anyone else who feels the need to tell me off for daring to be sick or have other issues, I would like to thank The Impossible Muffin for providing the perfect retort to people like this:

"If you think four months is a long time to wait for a chapter, you obviously haven’t spent much time on this website."

Later dudes.

Comments

  1. Oh man! How rude of that person (I was curious and went through your reviews, and they did NOT sugarcoat their feelings, did they?). I'm sorry you have to endure such comments as those and the "where's the next update" ones. On the flipside though, is it wrong that I'm also a touch jealous, because I haven't had any kind of comment like that aside from the very rare "I hope you're still working on One and the Same" or "I couldn't find OatS on your profile, did I miss it?" The fact that people are craving your content that much has to be a bit rewarding (like 5% to the 95% shittiness of dealing with such rude readers), right?

    I'm also so sorry you have had such physical and mental health issues lately. Why does 2020 have to be so mean to you!? >3< I hope things are starting to turn around health-wise.

    Even though I don't read "Madness Within" yet, I was very excited to see you updated, and I cannot wait for "Immortal Bonds" and "Chat Vert" (actually, I CAN wait patiently; you focus on your health).

    Best to you. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh shoot! I forgot to mention that I did see the new page headers and I love them! They look awesome.

      Delete
    2. I'm kinda glad you thought the same, I was worrying that maybe I was overreacting or something. I don't even mind "where's the next update comments", it's the "update now!" comments that drive me crazy. Hahaha, awww. If it makes you feel any better, I'm a touch jealous of how your writing is always of professional quality (i.e. well edited, high quality etc.) But yeah, it is flattering that people crave my content like that, and people crave your content too, me included.

      Lol, every year of my life is mean to me and it looks like 2020 is going to be no different. Hahaha, good luck if you ever get around to it. It's a monster of a story at this point. And that's not even counting the future sequel on top of that. And yaaaay! Thank you! <3

      Delete
  2. How rude! Obviously you've been going through a lot lately. It's not like it's a commission they are paying for. You're writing on a free site, and they can choose to not read your story if it displeases them so much you don't update regularly.

    I'm glad you had the energy to update, and I thought it was a good chapter! Definitely leaves me wanting more. I think you're a great author, with the way you capture their emotions and make these characters seem so real. One of my favorites for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment