Pixie's Chronicle: Seriously?!

Suffice to say it's been an...interesting week. Okay, it's been a bit of a horrible week. Very horrible. So of course, that's now resulting in me falling behind with my writing again. I had such high hopes for this week, but noooo! Once again the universe had other plans for me. I've been having multiple medical tests, screamed at and threatened by a customer, not been able to sleep properly, had a huge anxiety attack and just all around having no energy to do anything. So I'm really sorry about my lack of progress this week with my stories.

I think it just must have been one of those weeks. Luck clearly wasn't on my side. I'm feeling a bit better today, just really tired and exhausted from it all. If you follow me on Twitter, you probably have a rough idea of what's been happening to me, but I'll explain things a bit more in this blog entry. There's not going to be much information on my writing progress since I literally didn't do any this week. So if you're not interested in all my personal adventures, feel free to give this one a skip, or just skip towards the end where there'll be information on when I'm next hoping to update and all that jazz.


I guess I'll start at the beginning of the week. Things weren't going too bad, I was just mainly worrying over my health and the intense pains that I have been getting. I decided that I was finally going to properly talk to a doctor about it after months of chickening out. I was still super nervous, especially since I was worried that they weren't going to bother investigating it properly, since cases like mine usually aren't (one of the main things putting me off talking to a doctor). I finally decided to go and see one on Wednesday since that was my day off work. After that, it was pretty much just an average day; I was just really anxious and tired. So yeah, that's why my review of the episode Ladybug has been held up. I'm really sorry about that. I just couldn't concentrate on finishing it with all of the worries going around in my head.

Tuesday was another average but tiring day with nothing really interesting to report. But then Wednesday finally came and I headed to see the doctor. Much to my surprise, and one of the few pieces of good luck I've had all week, I was scheduled to see the really nice nurse who is super kind and thorough with her patients. She didn't shoot me down and tell me I was just being dramatic, and it made me feel like I wasn't going crazy. It was worrying that she suspected that something was indeed wrong with me, but she doesn't think it's anything serious. It's just a mystery to what exactly it is, but she has two main suspicions right now. So she suggested that I have some tests done to try and finally figure out what might be wrong or if I'm just really unlucky. She gave me my medication to help with the pain (not that it works properly) and said she would sort all of my appointments out for me. So that was scary yet a relief at the same time.

By the time I got home, I was exhausted and just ended up passing out and sleeping all afternoon. I woke up super confused as I hadn't intended on taking a nap, yet all of a sudden the sun had begun to set. I was super nervous and not looking forward to the blood test I needed to have the next day. It's not that I'm scared of needles per say, I just hate the anticipation of it all. I like to just get it over and done with. Plus I hate hospitals. They're so creepy.

I had to get up super early that morning as the blood test clinic is always super busy, so I was determined to be one of the first people in there, especially since I had to work later that day. I got lost trying to find the place because hospitals are always a huge labyrinth. But I finally found it and got into the waiting room no problem. It was kinda weird yet nice that all of the other patients in there were giving each other nervous support.

I was one of the first patients to be seen, and the doctor attending to me could not have been more creepy. She talked really slowly and had such a huge fake smile plastered on her face. She was nice, but it's the stuff she said when I was sat down and ready that really freaked me out. She asked if I wanted to see the size of the needle. Ummm...yeah thanks but no thanks to that one. She then started talking about how big the needle was, and I was like 'wtf?' Clearly I was a little bit on the nervous side, so I have no idea how she thought all of this was helping. Maybe she thought that keeping me in the loop would help reassure me? I dunno, that's all I got on that one.

The sample didn't take too long and I was leaving a lot sooner than I thought I would. I was just super glad to be out of that place. I now had a nice, stylish bandage on my arm which I glamorously modeled when I made it into work. Work was then pretty average again, though I had a hard time keeping myself awake since I had literally gotten no sleep that night. I'm just glad that I didn't have any extra annoying customers that day because I was on a little bit of a short fuse as a result as well. I pretty much passed out as soon as I got home, and then ended up sleeping for 15 hours. Oops. I must have been even more tired than I had previously thought.

Despite the week mostly being average while working my shifts, the real kicker came yesterday. I hadn't had that many insane customers this week which shocked me, but I guess it was all building up to the lady that I would have to deal with yesterday.

In the middle of the day, I was working on my own on the shop floor since my manager was upstairs on her lunch break. I was absolutely swamped with customers who were all fighting for my attention and wanting to purchase things. It can be overwhelming, but I cope with it, especially as long as the customers can see how busy I am and meet me halfway. Honestly, most of the customers I get are some of the nicest people you will ever meet and never give me any bother. I've had the odd crazy person as I've discussed on my blog before, but nothing too dramatic or insane. That was until she entered the building.

Without even bothering to look around for herself first, she came up to me and asked where our potassium tablets were. She could clearly see that I was busy serving other customers and was nowhere near able to start showing her where anything was. I apologise and said that I was currently dealing with other customers, which to her credit, she was totally cool with and just asked me to point in their general direction. So I did this and she went on her merry way while I continued serving. I thought she was a little bit rude for trying to ask me help her find something when she could see I was busy, but whatever, it was no big deal.

About five or ten minutes go by and I'm still super busy and the only member of staff on duty. The woman then comes up to me again and tells me that she couldn't find them. I wasn't too comfortable leaving the till on its own, but I figured it would only be a quick job, and I had a spare few milliseconds, so I decided to quickly run her towards where we kept our potassium stock. I apologised to her once again for being so busy, and she said that it was okay and that she understood. I asked if she needed anything else and she said no, so I started walking away and back to the till where there was now an even bigger line of customers. However, she quickly stopped me and asked if she had to go to the back of the line again. I wasn't one hundred percent sure if she had even been waiting in line to begin with, and I was so busy and overwhelmed that I apologised and told her unfortunately that was exactly what she had to do. I dashed off afterwards and I could hear her tutting behind me, but I thought nothing of it.

As I was serving the customers in front of her, I could hear her muttering about me to the other people in line, but again, I thought nothing of it. It was just an unfortunate situation that she had to deal with, and I didn't expect something so trivial to offend her so much. I figured she would just pay for her stuff and then be on her way, and I would just be someone who had mildly annoyed her during her day.

Boy was I wrong.

It was her turn at last, and the second the customers in front of her left, she stormed up to my desk and slammed the potassium tablets down in front of me and began screaming at me. She told me that she thought my attitude was appalling and she had no idea why I was working in customer service. She said I had the worst customer service skills she had ever experienced and that she was going to make a complaint about me and ensure that I got fired for the way I had treated her. I was completely shocked and taken aback so I asked what I had done to offend her so much, and she started ranting about how I wouldn't show her where things were properly, to which I once again explained to her that I was super busy. Then she began complaining about how I had sent her to the back of the line and claimed that all of the other customers agreed that I was really rude. I just stood there, stunned, and actually feeling a little bit threatened by how aggressive she was starting to sound.

She then began storming towards the exit, still yelling about how she was going to make sure that I never worked in customer service again. That's when the customer behind her chimed in and started jokingly singing, telling her to leave. She then turned on the guy and started yelling at him, claiming that this had nothing to do with him. So I then had to ask her to please stop harassing my other customers. This made her explode again and she started threatening to get me fired again before finally storming off. I was still in a complete state of shock and confusion.

Like...seriously?! Did that seriously just happen?

I think the other customers who had witnessed the whole thing were feeling a bit sorry for me, as they all seemed to be extra nice to me afterwards. I think most of them could see that she was full of BS, and one lady even told me not to worry about it as I was really nice and polite, and that all of this was just the joys of working in customer service. My manager was shocked and felt guilty that she wasn't there for me when it happened, and she too told me not to worry about it. I was a little bit paranoid that this incident could get me fired, but my manager reassured me that it wouldn't, and that the company I work for always stick up for their staff and have no time or patience for people like her. They're used to it and can smell BS from a mile away.

Despite this reassurance, this incident did end up triggering a huge anxiety attack. I just really can't deal with people shouting at me, and after the horrible week I'd already had, it was the straw that broke the camel's back. So I ended up hiding the break room and crying for half an hour. I tried to hide it, but I think my manager was suspicious that I had in fact been crying as she kept constantly reassuring me afterwards. She was hoping that the crazy lady would come back so that she could have a go at her.

I was past caring at that point and was just tired and wanted to go home. I'd had a long and unlucky week and just wanted to curl up into a ball and eat Chinese take-out. Which I promptly did as soon as I got home. I just wanted to put everything that had happened behind me and welcome a new week feeling fresh and ready.

When I woke up this morning, I was in a much better mood. Work was gloriously uneventful again, and I'm not feeling anywhere near as tired as I was this week. I'm hoping that this is a trend that carries on into this coming week as I feel super guilty and annoyed that I didn't manage to get any writing work done at all. Not to mention my AO3 account is still gathering dust and I just haven't been active on many things in general. I'm even taking forever to reply to people messaging me which I'm super sorry about. I'm not ignoring you guys, I just haven't really been able to face talking to anyone with everything that's been going on.

Hopefully tomorrow I will definitely have my Ladybug episode review released onto my blog. I know that's one that a lot of you have been looking forward to. I'm also hoping to make Monday the day that I update Madness Within on AO3, so keep an eye out for that. On Tuesday I'm hoping to finally update Chat Vert again, and on Wednesday, I'll be releasing the first official chapter of Immortal Bonds. Then hopefully the next chapter of Madness Within will be uploaded on Friday. I'm also hoping to make Wednesday the day that I update Destiny's Dance on AO3. I just need to try and get this routine drilled into my head so that I'm mentally prepared.

In the meantime, if you are looking for something awesome to read, then I highly recommend ChibiRinni's one-shot, The Lonely Waltz, which you can read by clicking here. It's her first Miraculous Ladybug fanfic, and I'm sure that she would greatly appreciate the support. So if you want to read some beautiful love square moments from a talented writer, then please check it out and let her know your thoughts. She might even continue the story if she gets enough positive feedback.

Anyway, I'm off to have a nice hot bubble bath after the week from hell that I've had. I hope that you guys have been doing a lot better than me this week, and here's hoping that things calm down enough for me to get some proper writing work done. Fingers crossed!

Comments

  1. Ah crazy customers! I'm so glad I don't work in retail anymore! I had one lady get mad at a cashier because her eggs weren't scanning. I went and got another egg carton off the shelf and scanned that instead, but apparently that was the wrong thing to do, as she sent a scathing letter to the manager later which left all of us scratching our heads. People are just miserable and have to take it out on everyone else so they can share in their misery.

    Good luck on the writing! I'm intrigued to see where immortal bonds goes! I enjoyed the original so I'm looking forward to this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People are bonkers. I have no idea how these people carry all of that anger around with them and think it's okay for them to treat people that way. Treat others how you want to be treated is the logic that I always try to live by. Your customer sounds just as crazy as mine. No clue what these people think they're achieving.

      Thank you so much! I'm super excited to get back into writing it and I have so much interesting stuff planned for it! I'm definitely hoping to up the whole creep factor and make things more spooky and terrifying. Not to mention it feels great to finally have those plot holes fixed and have better quality chapters.

      Delete
  2. Poor Pixie, I'm sorry you had such a crap week. :(

    Wow! 15 hours!? Yeah, your body was like “NOPE! YOU SLEEP NOW!” good for it... kinda crap for you though. Hope you didn't have any other plans. Still, I'm glad your body kind of forced you to take a time-out and try to recover.

    WOW about that woman! What size stick was shoved up HER backside!? I'm glad your job is backing you though. I had a coworker who once got a very aggressive and angry review because her tattoo “offended” the customer. The tattoo in question was a pink Breast Cancer Awareness ribbon BEHIND the coworker's ear (her hair was short at the time so the tattoo was visible, but not overtly so). The customer's complaint? She was a cancer survivor and didn't appreciate being reminded of the trying event (we'll ignore that the coworker in question is ALSO a breast cancer survivor which is why she has the tattoo in the first place.) 9_9

    I also have a personal doozy of a customer craziness story, but it's lengthy so I'll reserve that for PMs.

    Finally, I know words don't really help considering I also feel guilty when it takes me ages to update and/or I miss more than a day of writing. However, I, Kettle, would like to reassure you, Pot, that there's nothing to feel guilty about. The writing is free for us to consume, and you have much higher priorities at the moment, PLUS you have MULTIPLE stories going on at the same time. Heck, while I've been still posting content, I have been almost actively avoiding OatS, which should have been up LAST December/January, and yet I'm still only maaaaaaybe half-way through writing the first draft. So, please try to not beat yourself up about it. Your faithful readers will wait with baited breath, but we SHALL wait for as long as it needs to be.

    *Sends as many spare spoons as possible*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meh, I'm used to it. And yeah, I guess my body was just like "you're gonna sleep whether you like it or not!" It felt pretty good to get some actual rest though, and luckily I didn't have any plans.

      I have no clue. Obviously she'd got up on the wrong side of bed that morning. Oh my god, that's so crazy! It never ceases to amaze me how some people feel like they're constantly at the centre of the universe and that everyone should adapt around them and expect them to know exactly what they want 24/7. Your co-worker had every right to get a tattoo like that if she wanted, especially since she's a survivor herself. Does this lady scream at everyone who has tattoos or badges like that?

      Awesome! Thank you so much for sharing your hilarious stories with me. Once again I'm in awe at how stupid and mental some people can be. Makes me want to build a spaceship and move to Mars. In fact, I doubt even Mars would be far enough away...

      Ugh I know right? Hahahaha, thank you so much for being there to remind me not to worry about it too much. I still feel bad, but I'm glad that I have such kind and understanding friends and readers. It means a lot to me. Ahahahaha, that's okay! I'm sure OatS is worth the wait!

      Lol, thank you!

      Delete

Post a Comment