Pixie's Chronicle: I Did It!

Woohoo! We finally have lift off! After a whole year of trying to fix it, I've finally re-released Immortal Bond! That's definitely my biggest news for this week. I'm actually shocked that I did manage to get it published when I did, but I'm so glad that it's now finally in motion again after months of it being stuck in the mud. It felt so good to hit that publish button! I always love seeing hard work pay off.

Actually, I've had a pretty productive week in general. I didn't get as much writing done as I would have liked, but that's mainly because work has had me so preoccupied. My poor brain feels like it's on the verge of crashing, but I'm hoping to push through. Overall, it's been a pretty good week and has been full of quite good achievements on my part. So yeah, I'm feeling pretty happy right now, despite the stress of everything.
Might as well get the big news out of the way first. As already revealed, the new version of Immortal Bond is now up and published on FanFiction! However, it is under the new name of Immortal Bonds, and you can go and check it out now by clicking here. Yeah, turns out that I couldn't have two stories under the same name just like I feared. Doh. I was freaking out for hours, trying to decide what new title to go with, but nothing else seemed to fit. That was until finally my boyfriend suggested just adding an 's' on the end since I liked the original title so much. It was a little bit of an f-you to FanFiction as well for not letting me have the same name. Plus at least this way, I get to see the statistics of both stories side by side, allowing me to compare.

Ugh, it felt like I was working on ideas for the remake forever though. I had so many ideas that ultimately ended up going nowhere and not working out. Every time I thought I'd come close to cracking the story, I would end up overcomplicating things and the plot just wouldn't feel right. Until finally it hit me one day out of nowehere. I was just vacuuming the house one day when I suddenly cracked the story. Then it was just a case of polishing everything up. And now here we are.

I'm glad to see that people are enjoying the new version so far, even though I've only released the prologue. It already has so many favourites and followers, it's mindblowing! Thank you so much, guys! Also, thank you for being so patient with me on this one. I still can't believe that it's taken a whole year. That's actually quite a scary thought. But I'm glad that all systems are go again and that I have things figured out. I just hope that they stay that way.

As for updating that story, I don't have a particular day idea in mind yet. I am going to try and update it at least once a week, but we'll just see what happens. I definitely know that I want to get the first chapter out as soon as possible, given that the prologue was only short and probably didn't make a lot of sense. But hey, I love confusing my readers and making them curious about what's really going on in the story.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get much else done writing wise this week like I had hoped. Work ended up consuming so much of my time, especially since I'm in the final stretch of my training and exams. I've been studying so hard! I just wish I'd put this much effort in while I was in school, lol. But it's all starting to turn my brain to mush. Especially learning about complete proteins, because they were bloody hard for me to wrap my head around. But I think I've got it now. The same goes for minerals as well. I had another exam this week that I had forgotten to study for, and I literally knew none of the answers, so I just made educated guesses. I still passed though. No idea how. The exams are so difficult though, as I need to score 85% to pass, so that means I'm only allowed to get two to three questions wrong in the entire exam.

So yeah, it's pretty tough. It's got to a point where I'm literally memorising the textbooks off by heart. Learning about homeopathic medicine has been extremely frustrating because some of it is obviously a load of rubbish. Not everything, but some of it. Mainly about how vine essential oils can stop you from being a gossip yadda yadda. Pretty sure that's not a thing. I've been facepalming my way through that portion of the training. Good job I'm not supposed to encourage that stuff. It's literally just mumbo jumbo. But anyway, I don't want to get into a rant about that. I'd be here all day.

I haven't had as many stupid customers this week, thank goodness. But there was this one incident...

Okay, story time. So the shop was pretty quiet, and I was just standing there bored when a customer finally came in. She was running an errand for the person she was on the phone with, and she didn't speak much English, so she just handed her phone over to me to speak to the girl on the phone. She began asking for vegetarian fish oil. I'm sure you can immediately see the problem here. So the conversation goes as follows.
Me: Hello? How can I help?

Girl: Yeah, hi, do you have any vegetarian fish oil in stock?

Me: Excuse me, what?

Girl: Vegetarian fish oil.

Me: Fish oil isn't vegetarian.

Girl: Yes it is, I've bought some vegetarian fish oil from you guys before.

Me: Do you mean pescatarian?

Girl: No, I'm a vegetarian.

Me: Our fish oil is only suitable for pescatrians

Girl: You do a vegetarian one as well.

Me: Fish oil isn't suitable for vegetarians because fish is meat. It's an animal.

Girl: Ugh, I'll send you a picture. (sends picture of cod liver oil)

Me: Miss, that's cod liver oil, not fish oil. Those are two entirely different things.

Girl: Well, yeah, that's the one I want.

Me: But cod liver oil isn't suitable for vegetarians either. It's still fish.

Girl: Huh?

Me: Are you sure you're not a pescatarian?

Girl: What's that?

Me: It's when you don't eat meat apart from fish.

Girl: No, I'm a vegetarian.

Me: Then cod liver oil isn't suitable for you.

Girl: Ugh, pass the phone back, I'll sort this out another time.
And I thought I was stupid...dang. But yeah, this has been another story time with Pixie. I'm not paid enough to deal with people like that. At least my manager and I got a good laugh out of it afterwards. It was literally like talking to someone who only possessed half a brain cell. This kind of stuff always happens to me. As I said last week, it's becoming a running gag at this point.

However, I did receive some really good news this week! My dog is better! Yaaaay! After months of worrying about her, her blood tests have finally come back normal! My squishy girl is okay! I've been so worried about her, and I'm so happy that she's finally doing better. Though she still does have to be kept on a strict diet because of her liver. But at least she really likes her new food and is much happier and healthier. She'd back to her usual giddy and energetic self. I love her so much!

My probation period has also finally ended at work, and I'm now an official member of the team. My performance review was scary, but the good news was that they really like me and are proud of my progress. I'm glad, because despite the stupid people I have to deal with sometimes, I really enjoy working there. A lot more so than my previous job where I was just sat at a desk all day with not much to do. I swear the building is haunted though. I mean, I don't believe in ghosts, but just yesterday in fact, I was sat in the break room having my lunch when I saw a dark figure walk past the window in the door. It would have been impossible for someone to be there as it was only me and my manager working, and she was down on the shop floor. So yeah, that spooked me a bit. Though I'm sure it was just either the lighting or my eyes playing tricks on me.

I've also only just realise that this blog is now over a year old. Like...where the hell has the time gone? It really doesn't feel like a year. But happy birthday to this blog I guess, lol. We sure have come a long way together.

As for what my writing/update schedule will be like this week, I honestly have no idea. I'll still be studying and taking part in exams this coming week, so who knows when I'll find the time. It will be a bit random. Though I am hoping to update each of my stories at least some point over this week. I haven't forgotten about AO3 either, I just keep messing things up and can't pick a proper schedule. But I'm working on it, and here's hoping updates on there will become more consistant. Oh yeah, and my review for the episode Ladybug will be released tomorrow, so keep an eye out for that.

Anyway, this blog entry has gone on for long enough. See you guys soon!

Comments

  1. I am so excited that you were able to jumpstart Immortal Bond again – and adding the 's' to make it a “different” title was quite brilliant. Bravo to your boyfriend. I guess I need to vacuum more frequently. Maybe then I'll get “One and the Same” figured out. ;) Best of luck that your muse stays close by, and try to remember to not over-stress yourself about the story. You see how many patient (?) readers you have that waited a year for the story, we can hold out for updates every OTHER week or once a month or whatever works for you. <3

    It is amazing that you still managed to do so well on that exam. Either it is a lot more intuitive for you than most, or you knew more than you believed you did. Regardless, it's great that you know enough to be competent in your job. I don't know if it's the same in the UK, but in the US it is painfully common to find a worker – even when dealing with non-prescription pharmaceuticals – to not have a CLUE about the projects the store sells.

    Also, I'll have to remember to tell you a conversation all three of us at work had with a woman who couldn't figure out a bed skirt. @_@ It was about par with your vegetarian woman.

    Super yay about your doggo! I'm glad she's back to good health. I know how stressful and scary it must be when your fur-baby isn't well.

    I also find it wonderfully ironic that the occult-themed writer doesn't believe in ghosts. Makes your writing all the more impressive, I say. Also, happy (belated) anniversary for your blog! WOW! That year really DID just fly by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yeah, I thought it was an amazing idea as soon as he said it. He's a genius! My ideas always come at the weirdest moments and never when I'm actually trying to be creative. They'll come to me when I'm on the bus, when I'm cleaning the house or while I'm just chilling and mindlessly doing something else.

      I have no idea. I passed, that's all I care about at the end of the day, lol. That can be quite common in the UK as well I suppose, I guess it just depends what store it is. The company I work for is very thorough, and because we're dealing with products that could endanger lives, they have to make sure we're trained properly.

      Oooooh, you'll have to tell me that story. It sounds wild.

      Thank you! I'm so glad that she's better! I love her so so so so so much! Bahahahaha! Yeah, I don't really believe in the supernatural. I often think there's more rational explanations for a lot of 'ghost' and 'demon' stories and all that jazz. Thank you!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment