Pixie's Chronicle: I'm The Worst

Whoops, so...ummm...yeah, nothing exactly went to plan this past week, did it? Heck, even this blog entry is a day late because I just cannot get my crap together at the moment. Getting back in sync and organising myself proved to be a lot harder than I thought, especially with everything that happened. Because of course real life wouldn't make things easy for me. But I'm still determined!

So yeah, I'm really sorry guys. I feel like I keep getting your hopes up lately, only to keep vanishing because something comes up, or because I'm simply just too tired and exhausted to write. I really hope that I don't annoy you guys. But this week, I am going to try and actually get some proper work done. While I did manage to make a lot of notes and get some planning done, there wasn't exactly anything for you guys to read and enjoy. I'm literally the worst and I'm sorry.


Monday ended up being a day where I caught up on some sleep, so I ended up sleeping in way later than I intended to. I managed to get some work done on my one-shot for LycoRogue, and I managed to release my review for Gamer 2.0, which you can read by clicking here. I was also studying for my exams which has been something that's taking up a lot of my time lately. LycoRogue's one-shot ended up becoming way longer than I initially thought that it was going to be, so I had to take a little bit of a raincheck on it and focus on preparing for work the next day.

My new module has ended up being super hard. Even my manager said she didn't understand or know any of the stuff I was learning about, so that was reassuring. My head was crammed full of information, and I was beginning to suffer under the fast pace of it all. Why do scientists always have to give things long and complicated names? It just makes them that much harder to remember, so I was constantly getting everything mixed up to the point where during a practice test, I accidentally prescribed a cream for cold sores instead of a protein product for a body builder. Their stupid long names were very similar. Ack! I literally had to learn all of the B-complex vitamins by writing them down constantly like Bart in the opening for The Simpsons.

Needless to say, by the end of the day, I was brain dead. Brain dead and exhausted from not getting a decent night's sleep on top of all the science and health learning. It was really hot again that day which also didn't help my sleepiness. So again, I barely got any writing work done, instead continuing to binge watch Doctor Who with my boyfriend because that was about the only thing that my brain could semi-concentrate on.

Wednesday I was working again and not feeling too great. I was super tired, and my medication was really being horrible that day, giving me hot flush after hot flush. I just could not cool down and it got to a point where my manager designated me my own fan. It didn't really do that much to help to be honest, but I was super grateful. Not much exciting stuff happened, and it was pretty much just an average day apart from how tired and rotten I was feeling. So yeah, once again, didn't get any writing done.

Thursday was pretty much the same. I still wasn't feeling too well, and I nearly ended up passing out at work because of the heat. I think that the assistant manager just thought that I was being dramatic, but I have legit never felt so dizzy in all my life. I was drenched in sweat and I was beginning to feel sick. But our manager was also sick that day, so we had another manager come in to cover for her, and he was pretty awesome. Then my mum brought my dog in, so everyone was instantly crowding around her and giving her lots of treats and cuddles. Animals always have a way of making my day better. But yeah, once again because I wasn't feel too good, no writing work got done. Though I did manage to edit parts of my plan for Madness Within and work on ideas for the sequel.

Speaking of Madness Within, sorry for my weird tweet the other day about that story. I wasn't fishing for compliments or anything, I was just curious to see if anyone held that opinion and why. I recieved a review off someone who said that I was projecting myself into the story, which then had me paranoid. Of course that story is no way me projecting, or a self-insert, but it made me worry that my writing was perhaps somehow coming across that way. The only time I draw inspiration from myself with that story is when describing the way a panic attack or a depression episode might feel. I have not been through the things that Marinette has been through, certainly not on that level anyway, and I do not share most of my opinions with my version of Marinette in that story. She's a morphed character I have created, nothing more. I'm not trying to make people feel sorry for her. She's a grey character - everyone in the story is. The only agenda I have when writing Madness Within is to represent mental illness as accurately as possible, as well as provide people with an enjoyable reading experience and to have fun whilst I'm doing that. I'm not trying to make some sort of statement.

So if anyone else also thinks that I'm projecting or self-inserting, please let me know and explain why you have come to that conclusion as it would really help me out. I'm now paranoid that that's how my writing is coming across, or if that's just a fanfiction trope that people jump to the conclusion of when reading people's work. So if anyone who has this opinion could clarify, then I would be very grateful, and it will help me improve my writing in the future.

Friday had been the day where I had hoped to work on and finished the next chapter of Madness Within, but alas, some other stuff came up and I was still feeling a little on the rough side. I realised that I needed to go grocery shopping, and my brother also wanted my help to try and find a TSA approved lock for his suitcase, so I ended up having to go with him for that. It's a good job I did, because he very nearly picked out just a normal lock, thinking that that would be okay. I also managed to get some more gerbil supplies while I was there which has me super excited. I wish I could get them now, but I still have to make sure that I have everything I need. I take looking after other animals very seriously.

I also needed to pick up my medication that day from the chemist. While there, I managed to ask about my eye issues, and they didn't seem too concerned and suggested some eye drops, which I immediately shot down because Pixie don't do good with eyes. So yeah, I have to keep an eye on my eye and see how it goes, as she was suspecting that it was just a result of my allergies.

In the afternoon, I managed to get some more work done on LycoRogue's one-shot, but unfortunately didn't manage to finish it. I had hoped to finally get it finished over the weekend, but my brain has just been jam packed with so much information for my new job that once again I spent most of the weekend brain dead. Saturday was uneventful despite me getting stressed over learning about the different amino acids. It was Sunday that was definitely the most eventful day.

Yesterday started out as a lot of fun. It was just me and the assistant manager that were working and we get along really well. However, the system seemed to hate me that day, so I couldn't log on to do any studying, but that was okay since I was mainly working on the shop floor. Not really much happened for the majority of the day, it was the end of the day when the universe decided to mess with me.

Some guy came into the shop, and he seemed pretty normal at first, and he seemed to have taken a little bit of a shine to me. He came to me for some medical advice, and I tried my best to give him some with the vague and confusing information he kept giving me. I was showing him a product when he randomly announced that he was single and started boasting about how much he works out. Okaaaaay then. I just ignored him and carried on trying to explain a few of our stuff that could maybe help him have more energy, and I advised him that he was best speaking to a doctor before he did anything. He was starting to make me feel uncomfortable as he kept weirdly flirting with me, so I passed him onto the assistant manager just to be rid of him.

He loitered around the store for far longer than he probably should have. He wasn't even looking at anything, he was just hanging around. Then, when he finally decided to leave, he creepily smiled at me and said, "I'll be back later," before winking at me and then leaving. Ew. Please don't ever come back. But I managed to laugh about it, despite wondering if he was going to wait for me to leave work and then stab me. He definitely had a desperate "nice guy" vibe to him if you know what I mean.

Unfortunately, that wasn't the first time I was harrassed yesterday, nor was it my weirdest experience. That would have to go to the second and final incident. I had just left work and was at the bus station, looking up at the timetable to see if any buses were going my way. That's when two men approached me, trying to get my attention. At first I thought they just wanted to ask for directions, so I acted as friendly as possible. The conversation and events then went pretty much like this:

Man 1: Excuse me?

Me: Yeah?

Man 2: Are you in pain?

Me: I'm sorry what?

Man 2: Do you have any joint pain or muscle pain or anything like that?

Me: (now thinking they were trying to sell me something) No.

Man 2: Have you experienced any mental pain like depression?

Me: What? Why?

Man 2: Because we would like to pray for you and talk to you about Jesus Christ.

Man 1: Do you believe in God?

Me: No, I don't, I'm an atheist.

Man 1: But are you a good person?

Me: I dunno, I try to be. Please leave me alone.

Man 1: But are you a good person?

Me: I'm just trying to go home. Please leave me alone.

Man 1: What do you think would happen if you died and were brought in front of God?

Me: I don't know!

Man 1: Do you lie?

Me: Yeah, obviously; we all do.

Man 1: Do you take the lord's name in vain?

Me: Yes, all the time I suppose.

Man 1: Well that's called blasphemy.

Me: I don't care.

Man 1: Do you lust after men?

Me: (laughs) Well you're gonna hate me because I'm bisexual.

Man 1: We don't hate you and God doesn't hate you.

Me: Please leave me alone.

Man 1: But you lust after men and women, so that means you have commited adultery.

Me: (laughs) Right, whatever.

Tries to walk off but they start following me.

Man 2: But God and Jesus love you despite your sins. 

Me: Seriously, leave me alone!

Carries on walking but they still follow me.

Man 1: God and Jesus love you and they forgive you.

Me: (catches the attention of a girl walking past) Help me.

Man 1 & 2: (laughing, thinking I'm joking)

Girl: What's wrong?

Me: These two will not leave me alone.

Man 1: Okay okay, we'll leave you alone now, and remember that Jesus loves you!

They leave and start pestering someone else. 

Lol, so yeah, that was fun. I'm all for people practicing whatever religion they want as long as they're not hurting anyone, but seriously, don't force it onto others. It doesn't do your religion any favours if you try to do that. At first I found the whole thing funny and thought they would leave me alone after a few seconds, but when they started following me, that's when I started to feel slightly intimidated and nervous. Why I decided to answer their questions, I don't know. I guess maybe I was morbidly curious or something. At least next time something like this happens, I know to throw politeness out of the window and tell people to f*** off or I'll call the police. I'm too friendly and polite for my own good sometimes.

Right, as for this week, I am hoping once again to start writing properly again, or at least get something done. I'm already off to a good start as I finished my one-shot for LycoRogue, which is called A Frozen Moment, and you can read it by clicking here. I definitely recommend reading if you like Lukanette.

On Wednesday I'm hoping to finally finish the next chapter of Chat Vert and get that posted at long last. That poor story is just sitting there neglected, but on Wednesday I'm going to give it some much needed attention. Then on Friday I'm going to also finally finish the next chapter of Madness Within. I'm really super determined this week! Especially since I have the week off from my other job which means more time to actually sit and concentrate on my work.

AO3 stories should go back to the schedule that I had originally planned for last week. My episode review for Party Crasher will be out next Monday 12th August, and The Puppeteer 2 should be released the week after on Monday 19th August.

Here's hoping for a more productive week!

Comments

  1. Eh don't feel bad, life likes to get in the way of stuff we actually want to do. Believe me, you still update more often than half the people I'm following, which sucks since a lot of them have good stories halfway done. I just look at it as a pleasant surprise when someone has updated.
    You've got to stop being nice to creepy people. Tell them to leave you alone. I deal with religious types on my way to work all the time. One lady used me as an example of how to walk fast and talk to people. Like I'm clearly trying to get away from you lady, leave me alone. You chasing me is making me not want to have anything to do with your religion.
    I hope the heatwave ends for you soon! I dunno how y'all survive without air conditioning. >

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, if I could sit inside writing fanfiction all day, then I would. That's often how I look at stories and authors that I like, but there are a few people who do pester author's and it's annoying. Even though I know that real life should take priority, it doesn't stop me feeling any less guilty, lol. That's just how I am.

      I know! I really do! I've never really had to deal with harassment from religious people before since most people where I live don't seem to care about religion anymore, especially people from my generation. So it came as quite the shock and I had no idea how to react. I didn't want to offend them, but at the same time, they were annoying the hell out of me, and following me was a big no no. But yeah, annoying people like this is not a good way to convert people or whatever it is they're hoping to do.

      I hope so too! I'm really not a summer person. While I like sunshine and warmth, I cannot stand it when it gets too hot. I can't cope. We don't survive. I'm typing this to you right now from beyond the grave. It sucks.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous10/8/19 05:21

    I think you should stop saying that you're going to get work done because every time you do you end up jinxing it and having a very bad week. We don't want you to have bad week. I quite enjoy the Taurus Pixie that has a good week and gets her work done so she has free time. But seriously you jinx it almost every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god, I know right? I'm just gonna stop doing that because I really do think that I jinx myself. And awww, thank you, that's really sweet of you.

      I'll try to stop jinxing things.

      Delete
  3. Sorry the one-shot you were writing for me ended up becoming such a task, but it was greatly appreciated, and I love you so much for writing it for my birthday! <3

    EEWWW! What a creeper! You haven't seen him since, have you? That's just messed up. Between that, and the sexist “shouldn't a man carry that” comment you have in a more recent post? Like... WHAT IS WRONG WITH MEN!? *shudders * Sheesh, and those religious men (Jehovah Witnesses, perhaps?) was equally messed up! I saw a Tumblr post – I don't recall if I ever got around to reblogging it or if it's buried in my Drafts folder – that if someone like that comes up to you, instantly agree to have them pray with you, but request to lead the prayer. They most likely will encourage this, and then you need to be as passive aggressive as possible about it. :D Things like “To whichever Divine Being rules the cosmos; if there even is one, please watch over all of humanity, and embrace people of all religions, and even those with no religion. Help them make the decision to be decent human beings. Protect those who may not believe in some afterlife reward or punishment. For those people – who are decent simply for the sake of being decent – truly are the ones we should try to emulate. Amen.” See how much longer they stick around. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, no biggie, nothing worth doing is easy. I'm glad that you enjoyed it as much as you did as that's all that matters to me. Despite the hiccups, it was a lot of fun to write and I like the way that it's turned out.

      No, I haven't seen him again thank god. No clue. They truly are a different species lol. I got the impression that they were born again Christians. AWESOME! That sounds like a hilarious idea!!! I'll definitely have to try that next time ahahahahahaha!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment