Pixie's Chronicle: Pumped Up Pixie

Wowzers, this week sure has been a busy one, but I'm feeling great! My mood has made a huge improvement during the later days of this week, and it's been feeling really weird. I can't remember the last time I felt this motivated, pumped up and happy. I almost feel...normal. What a concept! Thank you so much happy pills for helping me out! So yeah, I've had a bit of a spring in my step this week, and I've been super excited over all of the work that I've been doing.

There were a few ups and downs at the beginning, but overall, it's been a pretty good and productive week. All of a sudden I just got all of this inspiration and energy, and I have no idea where it came from. Oh well, I'm not complaining. It was a very welcome change compared to how I've been feeling over the past few weeks. So thank you, brain! Whatever it is you're doing, keep it up! It's very much appreciated!


My week didn't exactly get off to the best of starts since I spent most of the weekend staring at my screen and willing for my one-shot for ChibiRinni to write itself. The idea just still really wasn't sitting right with me and I just couldn't get it to work. I ended up tearing my hair out over the whole thing and was beyond frustrated, which, in all honesty, was probably making my writer's block much worse. I thought about bouncing around some ideas with LycoRogue again, but in the end, I decided to just go back to ChibiRinni with my tail between my legs and ask if she had prompts that she could give me to help me out. More on that later.

Sunday was a really tough day for me since it was Father's Day. I nearly found myself falling into a depression again, especially since I had to keep all of my anger and resentment bottled up. After all, I didn't want to be a party-pooper and ruin things for my brother or anyone else that was celebrating. Though even he ended up getting upset since our dad...well...he isn't exactly the nicest human being out there...and when my brother is hurt, it hurts me too, and all I want to do is protect him. But at the same time, I can't tell him what to do, so I often just find myself caught between a rock and a hard place.

I did manage to distract myself for most of the day though, which is definitely an improvement compared to how I usually handle days like that. Normally I'd curl up in bed all day and refuse to move, but I actually managed to be productive for once. I definitely felt a lot better for it, and didn't fall down the hole anywhere near as much as I normally would. I spent some time with my mum since she's both the mother and father figure in my life, and has been for years. If anyone deserves my attention and appreciation on that day, then it's my mum. We mainly ended up doing jigsaw puzzles together before we just sat together for a bit.

Then something truly amazing happened. I started writing Immortal Bond again. I know, I couldn't quite believe it myself, but all of a sudden, I just had this huge burst of motivation and inspiration for that story. It felt great to feel comfortable writing that story now that I have everything all cleaned up. I feel way more at ease with the plot, and I've hopefully managed to remove most of the obvious plot holes, as well as ensure that the story makes more sense. The story will also now be rated M, so I apologise to the fans of the story who don't like to read M rated stories. Having it rated M makes me feel more comfortable, and also allows me to explore the darker and horror elements of the story a lot more. Therefore I'm less restricted, which should mean that I'm less likely to get stuck again. Keeping a story about demons appropriate for a T rating is really hard.

I really am hoping that I can get the new version of Immortal Bond published very soon, possibly within the next couple of weeks. I'm still going to write a good few chapters in advance to definetly make sure that I know what I'm doing and that I'm not going to write myself into a corner again. I want to make sure that everything is in good working order this time. I'm still unsure as to whether or not the title of the story will be the same, but regardless, I'll keep you all up to date and add another author's note to the original story to point you in the right direction.

On Monday I actually finally managed to upload the next chapter of Chat Vert. So if you haven't read that already, then you can do so by clicking here. That chapter exploded way more than I expected it to. I was worried that I was going to have problems writing it, but I actually didn't. I sailed through it, which was great. On the topic of Chat Vert, the next chapter will actually be a day late and be updated on Tuesday instead of Monday, since next Monday is my boyfriend's birthday, so I'm going to be spending most of my time that day with him. I hope that you guys understand. After that, updates should hopefully go back to being every Monday.

Also, I finally got my next episode review uploaded onto my blog. You can now read my review of Bakerix by clicking here if you haven't already read it. That episode was incredibly hard to review since I didn't really have much to say about it. So forgive me if the review seems really short in comparison to my others. Next Monday my review for Miraculer will be released, and then my review of Timetagger will be uploaded the following Monday after that. As always, please feel free to debate me on the episode since I always love that. You guys' opinions are always interesting and exciting to read - just as long as you're not rude.

Tuesday is a little bit hazey, but I do remember it being really busy at work. I didn't really have time to daydream about my stories which is a shame. Though I did nearly have a heart attack when a boy, probably around the age of three, began throwing a tennis ball at a mirror. Ack. Then things got worse when I tried to intervene and politely tell him to stop, as I quickly realised that he didn't speak English. So he just kind of stared blankly at me before going back to doing it again while his mother shouted something I didn't understand while he carried on. In the end I just ended up running to get my manager before having to count to ten in my head. I have very little patience for parents who can't be bothered to parent. I lurk on the r/entitledparents subreddit a lot, and I have no idea why I torture myself with that stuff. It just makes my head explode.

I desperately needed some chill time when I got home. So I took that as a little night off from writing and just ended up reading and playing around on my 3DS and watching documentaries. I also ended up teaching myself the name of every country in the world. I know, I need to get a life, plenty of people have already told me that upon learning this fact. I learnt them mainly through playing a game on Sporcle. It started out as curiosity just to test myself and see how much I knew, but then it quickly turned into an obsession and a personal mission to complete the whole thing. So yeah, that's the story of how I learnt the name of every country in the world. All 197 of them, including some disputed ones.

Not much happened on Wednesday either apart from editing Destiny's Dance. I'm active again on AO3 now, which is a good place to download my work if you want to read it while offline. Though Madness Within is on a slight pause this week on AO3, since AO3 is quickly catching up to FanFiction which I don't want.

I also ended up becoming addicted to some phone games, mainly Bubble Shooter, and my friend also introduced me to CodyCross which has now consumed my life. I love general knowledge type stuff, so that game helps soothe my brain which is always thirsty for stimulation. I like to constantly think. My brain just never switches off. My mum calls me 'sponge brain' because I just absorb the most random and useless facts. It annoys a lot of people I know, but hey, you never know when you might actually need that knowledge.

Thursday was a really fun day. Though I did have an anxiety attack in the morning which sucked, but my mood perked up very soon afterwards, which is definitely a first. I think it helps that we're finally seeing some sunshine after a few weeks of rain. I love rain, but even I'm now starting to get tired of getting soaked every time I go outside. You know the rain has been bad if even I'm getting sick of it. Showing up for stuff soaking wet doesn't exactly make a good impression. So yeah, some vitimin D is very much appreciated right now.

I also finally started planning my new one-shot idea for ChibiRinni! I basically decided to throw my old idea completely out of the window, as ChibiRinni told me to just write whatever I want. The idea hit me pretty much straight away, and I got super excited for it. I had been hoping to maybe even start writing it yesterday, but all of sudden when I got home from work, my energy just crashed and I was fighting to keep my eyes open and not fall asleep. Eating some dinner helped, but by that time, I knew that I couldn't put my homework off any longer. It ended up taking me way longer than expected and was more mentally challenging than I thought it would be. It drained me, and by later in the evening, I was becoming grumpy. It turns out that reliving some of your most traumatic memories is not a good idea to do when you're really tired.

I didn't end up sleeping too well last night, but at least I didn't feel too bad when I woke up. Therapy was really interesting today, yet weird, since my therapist randomly decided to film me to prove that I don't look as weird or as awkward as I think I do. Weirdly it actually worked, and I realised that I don't look as bad as I think I do. But still, I hate seeing myself on camera, yuck! So I think it's safe to say that my self-esteem over my physical appearance is still at rock bottom. I just hope that I can work on that. I tried that mirror exercise, but it didn't work.

Anyway, she gave me some even more homework this time, but I guess if it helps me get better, I can't really complain. The walk home was really nice thanks to the sun finally being out, and of course, I did plenty of story daydreaming on the way back. Though when I daydream in public like that, I do worry that I might accidentally start talking to myself or acting out the scene in my head, since that's something that I do sometimes. It actually happened once while I was out walking my dog. I actually started acting out the scene that I was imagining before remembering that I wasn't alone and that I was outside with cars constantly driving by. They probably thought I was mental, which is technically true, but it doesn't mean that I want other people to find out.

Work also finally began on the next chapter of Madness Within. However, I soon realised what might have caused me to become so stressed these last few weeks. I realised that I had too many deadlines on Friday. On Friday, I update my blog, as well as edit chapters of Madness Within and upload them to AO3 and write the latest chapter for FanFiction. It became obvious that I needed to lighten my Friday load. So I've decided to change Madness Within's update day to Saturday. I really hope you guys don't mind. If I can still finish the chapters on Friday, then that's great, but at least I have Saturday as contingency if I get too stressed and overwelhmed. So yeah, that means that the next chapter of Madness Within will be uploaded tomorrow.

And yeah, that's pretty much been my week.

Don't forget to keep an eye out for my one-shot for ChibiRinni which is now under the working title of 'Experimental Kiss'. I'm also hoping to release a Lukanette one-shot very soon as well. I'm super pumped and motivated, and I'm really excited to be finally excited about writing again!

Comments

  1. Anonymous22/6/19 07:54

    I really don't mind updates being Saturday. I actually thought Fridays are so full when you made your new schedule. Just do whatever is more comfortable with you and don't get stressed about it. We love you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, yeah I didn't really think Fridays through properly, did I? Awww, thank you so much! I love all of you guys too, and I really couldn't have asked for more kind and caring readers! <3

      Delete

Post a Comment