Pixie's Chronicle: Hectic Times

Man, I didn't realise how much my hiatus was going to throw me out of the loop with things. I thought that I would be able to get back into writing with no problem, especially since I was so excited to get back into it and start updating my stories again. Turns out I was very wrong.

Because I have a new routine now with my new job and all that, it now means that I'm writing at different times. It also doesn't help that my job requires a lot of manual labour, and I'm on my feet all day, which usually means that I'm exhausted by the time I get home. I need a little bit of rest time afterwards which once again means less writing time. But I am hoping that I can finally figure out this new routine and get used to it. I'm not someone who's really good with change, so it's been a bit difficult for me this week.

So as you witnessed, I didn't manage to upload the next chapter of Madness Within by this past weekend like I had originally planned. I spent most of last weekend writing episode reviews instead, so it's some work I suppose, it wasn't exactly like I was just lazing around. I had hoped for a more quieter week this week, but of course, that didn't exactly work out. It's been a weird and hilarious week to say the least, with plenty of things going wrong for me.

I managed to get some writing done on Monday, but that was when I quickly realised just how hard it was going to be to get back into writing. I've been on a break for so long now that it felt really weird, and I felt like I just couldn't quite re-capture my rhythm. As most people have commented, I am a bit of a writing machine, usually able to work on multiple stories at the same time and update them relatively quickly. That's usually because I am very creative, have an overactive imagination, an obsessive personality, and also because I'm able to type at the speed of light. On average, I can write just over 2000 words per hour. This meant that I could write a 6000 word length chapter for Madness Within in one evening.

I am literally a word machine. Don't believe me? Check my stats:

My general FanFiction statistics

As you can see, I have almost written a total of a million words! I am so going to try and hit one million total words if I can this year. I just think that would be such a cool milestone. I think last year alone I managed to write 500,000 words which is definitely the most I have ever written. I also can't believe that I'm on the favourite and alert lists of nearly 500 people. That's so awesome! Thank you so much to all of you!

But for now while writing the next Madness Within chapter, I struggled to reach 1000 words within a few hours. I think I'd already mentioned that I already had the chapter partly written, and luckily, I didn't feel the need to delete most of it, I was pretty okay with what I had written so far, which was a surprise. But it was such an uphill battle to keep writing. I wasn't bored, and I was enjoying it, but I just felt so rusty. I don't think it helped that I was also feeling really tired. As usual, I'm going through my regular insomniac period, and I can't sleep properly, and when I do sleep, I often have weird, vivid dreams.

If you follow me on Twitter, then you know exactly what I'm about to talk about, but I did end up having a Miraculous Ladybug themed dream on Sunday night. I dreamt that I was Marinette and I was really angry and hurt over something, so I became akumatized. I tried to fight it off, but it was no use. I don't really remember what my powers were, but I remember flying around a lot. Chat Noir saved me and I was pretty traumatized by the whole incident, so I decided to see a doctor. It turned out that my doctor was Gabriel Agreste, and he was getting very suspicious of me and close to discovering my identity as Ladybug.

So yeah, that was really weird, and I woke up super confused before I just burst out laughing.

However, this period of insomnia has led to something good. Despite it distracting me from getting the next Madness Within chapter finished, it did mean that I was able to come up with a new story idea. The idea is kinda based on my experience with struggling to sleep lately, but thinking about it now, I also seem to have taken some reference and ideas from an episode of Sonic Boom. So it should be interesting to see where this idea continues to take me.

I had wanted to get the chapter of Madness Within finished Monday night, but tiredness and rustiness slowed me down. Then came the news that Notre Dame was on fire. I was shocked. Notre Dame is just one of those landmarks that you just think are immortal and you can never actually imagine anything ever happening to it. I was almost in denial when my boyfriend told me what was going on. It was pretty devastating news, and I can't even begin to imagine how the people of Paris and France must be feeling. I certainly hope that they can restore it to its former glory.

In the end, I figured that I could just finish the chapter on Tuesday.

Well...that was the plan anyway.

Once again, I didn't sleep properly and woke up feeling incredibly exhausted. I could feel my head already starting to throb, and I knew that this couldn't be good news. As the day went on, my headache continued to grow worse and worse until the point where I was in an incredibly grumpy mood and couldn't concentrate on anything but the pain. In the end, I just thought, 'screw it.' There was no way I could finish the chapter feeling like that. So I decided to just get some rest instead and try and sleep it off.

Luckily, by Wednesday, my headache had cleared, so I knew that day would be the day that I would finish the chapter. Boy was I wrong again. I was well on my way to doing so. It was slow progress, but I was getting there and was so sure that I would be able to get it finished. But then something really important came up, meaning that I had to once again abandon the idea of getting it finished that day. I was really annoyed, but I guess it couldn't be helped.

But at last, I had finally finished it on Thursday! I'd had a rough day at work, mainly involving an old lady farting in my face, banging my head on a shelf, getting confused over how American credit and debit cards work before I then got majorly dehydrated. By the time I got home, I was exhausted, but I was determined not to be beaten this time! I worked my butt off and I finally managed to get it finished! So if you haven't already read the lastest chapter of Madness Within, then you can read it by clicking here.

On the topic of Madness Within, I'll be closing my poll as to whether or not there will be a sequel on Monday 22nd April, so if you haven't already voted but would like to, then you better get cracking. You can find the poll by going onto my FanFiction profile, which you can do by clicking here.

The fun and games didn't end yesterday though. Today has been just as hectic since my neighbour went missing this morning. I volunteered to be a part of the search party to try and find him. He just went out down the street on his wheelchair, only he never came back, and his wife was getting really worried, especially since it was such a hot day. So I went out to look for him. Luckily he was finally found safe and sound, driving his wheelchair in the middle of the road and causing absolute chaos. It was definitely a facepalm moment, but we were grateful that he was okay and sassing people like he always does.

I've mostly been wanting to spend most of today relaxing since I haven't really had the chance to do so this week. I haven't been able to play any games or just chill. So I'm taking my chance now. It felt nice to be sat out in the sun, though I have now accidentally burnt my shoulder which is annoying. The hot weather is bringing out the freckles on my face which is always hilarious, and I was super excited to wear my new summer clothes that I bought from a charity shop. I'm seriously never shopping anywhere else again, charity shops are all I need. You can buy good stuff there for way under half the price as a regular shop. I got about over £100 worth of clothes for only £10. Result.

Like seriously, why are clothes so expensive? Especially bras. I always get angry when shopping for bras because I'm always like, 'sorry for having boobs.' I would boycott bras, but I can't really get away with it. I doubt anyone wants to see me running after the bus without a bra on. I'm shuddering just thinking about it. Probably too much information, but oh well. Huge boobs are a pain, aren't I right fellow busty women?

But anyway, I better stop that rant in its tracks.

I'm hoping that I can maybe write and upload the next chapter of Chat Vert by Monday if all goes well, but of course, don't hold your breath as there could always be a repeat of this week. I know that I won't be doing any writing on Sunday since my best friend is coming to visit me since she won't be able to see me on my actual birthday which is next week. Yeesh, I didn't even realise how close my birthday was. I can't believe I'm going to be 22. It feels weird. So yeah, I'll be spending most of the day with her, order a pizza and just catch up and watch movies and TV shows and stuff.

I'm super excited! Nothing tastes better than take-out pizza in my opinion. Frozen pizza just can't quite capture the same amazing taste. And I'm obviously getting stuffed crust. Plus, I think I'm entitled to a treat after all of the exercise and healthy eating that I've been doing lately. I mean hey, that's why they call it a balanced diet.

Of course, the episode review that most of you have been waiting for will also be released on Monday. I'm talking about none other than Oblivio. So keep your eyes open for that, follow and subscribe to my blog to get notified, or follow me on Twitter to also instantly know when all of my blog posts of going to be released.

Speaking of my blog, I had a very awesome request from a reader the other day, and if you're reading this, then hi and thank you so much for the suggestion! Next Monday, I'm going to be doing a post all about fanfiction and writing tips. I'll be talking to you about all that I know and any suggestions that I might have. As soon as I saw that comment, I just thought that it was such a brilliant idea! I'd certainly love to help out anyone who's thinking of trying out writing, getting started on fanfiction, or for those who just want a bit of extra advice or see my take on things.

So if any of you have anymore suggestions about a blog that I can make, then don't be shy! Feel free to let me know. I always respond to comments on my blog, or if you want to request something in private, then feel free to message me on FanFiction, Twitter or Tumblr. Anything you guys want to know or see posted, I'm more than happy to see what I can do.

Also, this coming week, I should hopefully be back to uploading things onto AO3, so that means Destiny's Dance will go back to being updated every Wednesday, and Madness Within will go back to being updated every Friday. I am hoping to post some of my other stories onto AO3 as well, as I know sometimes people prefer reading them on there since they can download them.

But yeah, overall, it's been a bit of a hectic week, and I'm hoping that I can settle into this new routine pretty soon. I'm thrilled to be back, and I've certainly missed all of the amazing reviews and comments from you guys. I hope that you're all well.

Pixie out.

Comments

  1. I'm glad you were finally able to start writing again. And even if you felt rusty it was still a good chapter! I feel ya about the clothes.d I only shop the discount stores anymore. My latest find was a pair of work pants for only $8! I've pretty much given up on bras though. After two kids I just don't care anymore. Especially since I've got big boobs that hate bras. I don't have a problem just letting them hang everywhere lol.
    I can't wait for the oblivio episode review! It's my favorite episode and made me fall in love with the show all over again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew, I'm glad you still thought that it was a good chapter. That's awesome! I'm certainly never shopping anywhere else again, unless I do see something that's on the cheap side. Screw expensive clothes. I never understand the point.

      Hahaha, good for you! Plus I heard that not wearing a bra is actually healthier for your boobs anyway.

      I've been so excited to write it and share it with you all! Hopefully see you in the episode review on Monday then.

      Delete
  2. Bruh, fellow big busted lady here, I stopped wearing a bra almost a year ago and it was the best decision I made in a while. They were so expensive and so not worth it. Also bras, are worse for your muscles that support your boobs, makes them weak.
    Also, I'm glad that you are getting back in the swing of things, but don't beat yourself up for not getting as far back into the swing of things as you were before your break. You're still doing a great job and skills can get a little rusty after not using them for a bit, and that's okay, you just have to keep at it!
    You are fantastic, stay healthy and continue to take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, awesome! I wish I could do that, but I get so paranoid about them flying all over the place. Yeah, I heard that too. You're right, but I was just so worried about giving people a poorer quality chapter because of how rusty I felt. But I'm glad that all of you still seemed to enjoy it. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  3. First, I guess I too shall chime in on the bra issue. Sadly, for me, although I am also quite busty, my main issue is... shall I say... my headlights are always on. It's just too much hassle to have pasties on all the time, and I'd rip my shirt otherwise. ;) HA! So, padded, non-underwire bras for this busty broad. Power to the other commenters though. If I could, I'd ditch the bra too.

    Moving on!

    Writing is very much like exercise. You can get rusty, and your (creative) muscles will get weak. You can follow muscle memory only so far, and exhaustion kicks in fairly quickly now that your body no longer has the same level of endurance. So, give yourself some slack. It will take you longer to get to the point you were pre-break, but you'll get there. You're focusing on what's important, and that is a good, well-written story for your readers.

    Also... holy smokes, girl! My stats are all, at their highest, half of yours! Congrats on the readership, the platform, and the word-count. *bows* Impressive, indeed. And I too suffer from re-working my schedule to get into a new and proper rhythm for writing. I'm STILL tweaking and adjusting. It sucks, but you'll figure it out. Best of luck!

    (Also, a new ML should be out May 4, but it's French dub, so beware of spoilers).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, yeah I wish I could ditch the bra too. But I'd just get paranoid about them jiggling everywhere. So yeah, power to the confident women out there.

      It is, sometimes it's easy to forget that. And it's definitely something that I forgot this time. I always put way too much pressure on myself *sigh* but I am trying to ease up on myself a bit.

      Hahaha, thank you so much! I don't very often check my general user stats, but when I did the other day, I was like "wtf when did all that happen?" But I was very pleased with myself. It does suck, and I hope that you figure it out as well.

      Yikes, thank you so much for the heads up! Why can't all dubs just be released at the same time T_T

      Delete

Post a Comment